[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

tombepa

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, within 10 minutes of having this 12-1 build flashed, I already had another random reboot when trying to unlock the screen with the back hardware power button. Can this bug possibly be taken care of primarily? Who cares about features and other crap when the phone won't even stop rebooting from using the power button or Knock On??

Strange, I haven't had a single reboot. Using knock on or the power button to unlock. Flashed new build clean about 2 hours ago. Didn't have any reboots on last build either.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Strange, I haven't had a single reboot. Using knock on or the power button to unlock. Flashed new build clean about 2 hours ago. Didn't have any reboots on last build either.

Great to hear perhaps the reboot issue is fixed.

To all having issues do a fresh wipe and install and use the gapps in the op

ClydeDroid

Reaction score
Got my G2 last night, couldn't handle stock so I rooted and flashed the new build from last night right away. It's running like a dream, not a single issue yet. Thanks so much man, I'll be sure to buy you a drink.

EDIT: Actually one minor issue, my device isn't showing up in adb anymore since flashing. Any ideas on how I can get it to work? Tried reinstalling the drivers, no cigaro.

Last edited:

Thetaman

Reaction score

I tried using these with latest build and got constant Phone FC. It was quite a pain logging in and getting to Flashify to boot to recovery.

1. I wouldn't use the above Gapps.
2. Anyone know how to get into recovery via hardware keys? Though I read a way recently but wasn't finding it. Just found out that if you power off, then hold volume down and power till LG logo appears, then release, and quickly press same buttons again, it leads you to screen to factory reset only. Was never able to find out button combo to access recovery. Would be nice to know that if someone could share.

jmileti

Reaction score
I tried using these with latest build and got constant Phone FC. It was quite a pain logging in and getting to Flashify to boot to recovery.

2. Anyone know how to get into recovery via hardware keys? Though I read a way recently but wasn't finding it. Just found out that if you power off, then hold volume down and power till LG logo appears, then release, and quickly press same buttons again, it leads you to screen to factory reset only. Was never able to find out button combo to access recovery. Would be nice to know that if someone could share.

That is how you get to recovery. When you see factory reset screen hit power button 3 times till it boots into recovery.

ClydeDroid

Reaction score

I just used those same Gapps when I flashed and I've had no problems. Of course I just flashed on a brand new phone so maybe that's why I'm having no problems. As for recovery, once you get into that factory reset screen, you just have to hit the power button three more times and it will take you to recovery.

It would be nice if we had an option to reboot into recovery from the power menu though! Especially since my adb isn't working, the hardware reboot is kinda a pain in the butt.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
Get quick boot from the play store. Let's you boot to recovery.

jmileti

Reaction score
It would be nice if we had an option to reboot into recovery from the power menu though! Especially since my adb isn't working, the hardware reboot is kinda a pain in the butt.

I am pretty sure you have it in developer options. Advance reboot menu. Need to enable it. Or you can install exposed and install mod for apm. Easy

ClydeDroid

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have it in developer options. Advance reboot menu. Need to enable it. Or you can install exposed and install mod for apm. Easy

...well that explains why adb wouldn't work. I forgot to even enable developer options haha. Thanks for the tip!

bofis

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get Knock-On working while using CM11 on the G2?! I helped my friend root and get CM11 on his G2 last night, but he's really missing the Knock-On feature. Can it be ported out of the LG rom somehow? Additionally, what camera application are people using, and have you found one that works and is able to take full resolution photos? The stock camera in CM11 only seems to go up to 8mp :-(

tombepa

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get Knock-On working while using CM11 on the G2?! I helped my friend root and get CM11 on his G2 last night, but he's really missing the Knock-On feature. Can it be ported out of the LG rom somehow? Additionally, what camera application are people using, and have you found one that works and is able to take full resolution photos? The stock camera in CM11 only seems to go up to 8mp :-(

Knock ON works. Knock OFF there are some options. I set my Targets at the bottom of the screen to set Screen Off. Or you can download Screen Off and lock from play store.

yvujuge9.jpg

Edit: to set targets go to Settings/Interface/ Quick launch shortcuts

Last edited:

jmileti

Reaction score
So just to check. No torch. No incognito mode. No usb otg. Has anyone gotten any of these to work. If so, how. Thanks

steveo17

Reaction score
So just to check. No torch. No incognito mode. No usb otg. Has anyone gotten any of these to work. If so, how. Thanks

torch will work, just download an app from the playstore. torch being broken seems to be an issue with cm not the phone