Rom manager

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
my fone wont reboot now like theres a little symbol that looks like a phone with a line to a computer and a little triangle with a "!" in the middle...

did you redownload the file and or ger a new usb cord and put it back in download mode, restart ODIN and try again??

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
yep i just redownloaded and re-ran thru odin and it worked but i havnt tried to get to recovery thru rom manager yett...

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
and wutt would happen if i tried to launch liquid gingerbread??
try rubiks rom in the forum here...its awesome and gingerbread themed

it would basically soft brick your phone and youd have to either wipe completely if you could get into recovery or ODIN flash a .tar file to recover....Liquid doesnt make anything for this phone...yet

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where do I get the rubiks rom??

sent from my facinating facinate!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...-rubiks-1-7-1-15-oc-7-slot-voodoo-kernel.html

dont use the included kernel because its a voodoo kernel...use this one
http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/adryn_uv_0118_fascinate_novoodoo.zip
download, put on root of your sd card and flash immediately after flashing rom

when you flash the kernel bright blue and white letter will pop up all over your screen, this is normal, dont freak out just let it finish and your done...

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
i tried yer rom... failed to install so i went to restore my old and i can get into clockwork but it wil stop restoring at this one file... :(

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Just got rom goingg!! its epic!! how do i restore all my data and apps tho??? do i go into restore advanced setting bcuzz i noticed a thing that said i could restore just my data??

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Yooo for this rom I don't know where to go to turn on the gingerbread keyboard?? I looked all over my settings...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I have used it for a while and I have just now encountered my first problem I can't get past. I normally use it to backup my Droid before I install a new rom. I am following CM Nightlies so I have been leaving the last few backups on my sd card incase I need to use them. After I have two or three I have been deleting the oldest ones. Today when I attempted to delete them using ROM Manager I received a message telling me "There was an error deleting your backup." Does anyone have any ideas about this?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have used it for a while and I have just now encountered my first problem I can't get past. I normally use it to backup my Droid before I install a new rom. I am following CM Nightlies so I have been leaving the last few backups on my sd card incase I need to use them. After I have two or three I have been deleting the oldest ones. Today when I attempted to delete them using ROM Manager I received a message telling me "There was an error deleting your backup." Does anyone have any ideas about this?

As to the cause of RM's message, no. As to a work around - sure. Just use Root Explorer (because I'm not sure if the free file managers will allow you to do this) and go in and manually delete the oldest backup. Alternatively, you can hook the phone to your PC using USB, then do the same thing.

HTH,

-Mike

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I tried it using RootExplorer and it responds as if it does delete it but if you go backup to the clockworkmod folder and then back into the backup folder it is still there. The folder is now empty but still exist. The same thing happens from a pc when connected to the phone. The only thig I haven't tried yet is removing the card from the phone and inserting it into a pc. That is what is so weird. It is like the folder name is registered somewhere so it is recreated.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I tried it using RootExplorer and it responds as if it does delete it but if you go backup to the clockworkmod folder and then back into the backup folder it is still there. The folder is now empty but still exist. The same thing happens from a pc when connected to the phone. The only thig I haven't tried yet is removing the card from the phone and inserting it into a pc. That is what is so weird. It is like the folder name is registered somewhere so it is recreated.

Another reason that I'm reluctant to use Rom Manager, it can cause strange things to occur on your phone. I'm sorry I can't be more of a help to you on this, but I'm not really a tech expert - more of a plain "user" like yourself. If you can hang in there awhile though, one of the real experts will weigh in and give you some useful information.

Quick follow-up thought: After you removed the old backup, did you reboot?

-Mike