[ROM] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3 [02-8-11] Fast, Beautiful, and Simply Magnificent

Gangrif

Reaction score
Maybe i missed it in the 9 pages of thread here, but are there any plans of updating this rom to Android 2.3?

rdayday

Reaction score
- wiped data
- wiped cache
- unzipped from sd card

it aborts... i installed it the first time around but played with other roms and decided to stick with this one but it just aborts... what am i not doing or what can i do to make it work?

00 formula

Reaction score
Sorry if it's been discussed but any time I try to update google maps, I get an error stating Install Failed...is there any way this can be fixed?

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Nice ROM! Very fast and stable! Love it!

Just had one issue:

Whenever I try to install Yelp or Google Goggles I get an insufficient space message. I have cleared the cache through cache cleaner and apps2sd. I reset the phone multiple times and did a battery pull. It still gives the same message. I am able to install other apps with no issues. I even have all but 3 apps that can be moved to the SD card on the SD card. This is really frustrating and I can't find any reason for the error message.

Please help!

EDIT: It looks like I can't install any apps that I use the search to find. I can install apps by browsing the market though. It also will not let me install any apps that I have already attempted to install.

gotbst05

Reaction score
i may have missed the question already being asked, but will this ROM help with the signal strength actually reflecting in the status bars? that's the one think that i do not like about the DInc. I always have good service, but the status bars don't reflect it... weird...

Or what about the stock sense UI? I'm not too fond of the pictured.

Droidcreep

Reaction score
Abort

Having same problem as rayday.......CW3.0, rooted,

- wiped data
- wiped cache
- unzipped from sd card

it aborts... i installed it the first time around but played with other roms and decided to stick with this one but it just aborts... what am i not doing or what can i do to make it work?

.ohms.

Reaction score
Having same problem as rayday.......CW3.0, rooted,

- wiped data
- wiped cache
- unzipped from sd card

you might wana try CWM 2.5.1.2 instead of the CW 3.0 that you're using. you can find it here Inc. Recoveries | doug piston

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no luck flashing this rom through clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.8

installation aborted

Erikpdx

Reaction score
Got 7.0 running fine, but my contacts list was empty so i had to recover into 2.2. How do I carry over my contacts? I did sync with google when it first started. Do I need to wait longer for it to sync up? Thanks if you can help!

glange65

Reaction score
STILL can't flash this ROM, nor get CWM 2.5.14

Okay...

According to all the posts, I need to use a 2.5.14 (something like that) CWD Recovery

Just rooted and downloaded Rom Manager (v4.3.1.5), so the only versions available to me in RM are 3.0.0.5 through 3.0.0.8.

I have downloaded and installed the 2.5.14 installation zip files and followed the instructions from the XDA post. Installation says "successful", but RM still only gives me the 3.0.0.5 and up files. Even tried flashing each of them, in case I had the older versions, but the labels didn't change. No such luck.

Can I say how much I hate Rom Manager? It totally screwed me on my D1...not doing much better on the Dinc

okay...does anyone have an further ideas on how to get an older version of CWM installed/flashed? Or a way to fix this?

I really wanted this ROM.

REVISION...

Not sure what I did, but in the "Other Clockwork Recoveries" menu, the RA Recovery became available as an option (It had been "greyed" out before). Flashed it, and was able to do a back up and flash the ROM. Gotta say, it's pretty slick. Looking forward to playing with it this weekend.

glange65

Reaction score
Okay...Can't stop playing with this ROM...It is AMAZINGLY fast, smooth, and look fantastic. I may keep this one for a while :)

My only idea...where are the wallpapers with half-naked men? :)

Thanks for all your hard work bringing this to life.

Here's what I did with it today so far....The Mad Ginger icons were a perfect match.

Any chance I could get the name of the font you used in the ROM? I'd love to modify some of my widgets and icons using the same font to match. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IR Green.png
    IR Green.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 452

glange65

Reaction score
Can't get htclockscreen to rename

Hey,

(tired of hearing from me yet?)

Was trying to install those GREAT lockscreen mods, but can't get the htclockscreen.bak to rename. Tried both File Explorer (Root) and Root Explorer. Get an error message that says "file is read only, cannot be renamed."

Also tried copying it to my PC (where I could rename it), but can't get the renamed version installed in the system/app folder. The original .bak file never changes, and the renamed file never copies into the folder. Even tried "installing" the .apk file. no such luck.

Any other ideas out there? hate being stuck with the original lockscreen "tabs" when these fantastic versions are begging to be installed.