AirborneTB RC1B2 (3/24/11)

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Roms' started by Demolition Man, Mar 24, 2011.

1. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Any plans on fixing the Mic Mute when a 3.5mm stereo cable is plugged into the headphone port?

Also, does this ROM allow the Home screens to turn into landscape mode?

2. Demolition Man

Ratings:
    +0
    IIRC that's an issue HTC is going to "hotfix" in the near future.

Not right now. I'd imagine a future version might have that included. Keep in mind that we're still in the early days of Thunderbolt ROMs so many devs are figuring out how to code to use the features of the Thunderbolt.

3. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt they are going to hotfix the mic issue because no Android devices I've used allow this.

And as long as you don't add Sense you can turn the homescreen in landscape.

Sent From My ThunderBOLT

4. Demolition Man

Ratings:
    +0
    Oops I misread the earlier post and thought it was lockscreen. My bad. Yeah landscape is working for me via Launcher Pro.

5. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to HTC and they said that they MAY hotfix it. Part of my reasoning for Rooting and ROMming is to not have to rely on the Mfg/Carrier. I guess I can understand wanting to wait to see if they do the work for you, just wasn't sure how easy a fix it is.

I can wait... patiently. This isn't as important to me, but would be spectacular.

All Motorola Droid phones (D1, D2 and X at least) have functioned this way. It is pretty much the only reason why I got the car dock. From talking to HTC support, they said many were complaining about it not working.

Yeah, but I want to keep my Sense Widgets, Skins, etc, but get Landscape mode. I have ADW Launcher, but I lose my HTC Widgets if I use it!

6. Demolition Man

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why I put "IIRC" earlier. Thanks for the correction. If anything I really do hope the 4G battery issue is addressed. That's one big serious issue that to me is totally unacceptable.

7. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Launcher Pro Plus gives you the look and feel of most Sense Widgets. Just gotta pay for it.

And notice the trend of all the devices you named? None were HTC.

Sent From My ThunderBOLT

8. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would I want to Root and put a custom ROM on if no one is going to listen to requests? Launcher Pro Plus does not equal HTC Widgets and Skins, therefore it is not a viable option.

This is the first "official" Car Dock that a Verizon HTC Android phone had. You can't trend something that has no trend! Besides, you said "because no Android devices I've used allow this," I was just giving you examples of Android phones that did.

9. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So let me get this straight.. I can flash the ROM and if I want Sense back just flash the zip? So then I will be running with the custom work done to the ROM but also not loose Sense right?

10. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely love the Rom. Makes a great phone even greater . Only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get rid of blockbuster. I've deleted everything associated with I could find and its still a functioning app on my drawer. It's driving me nuts. Every time I open my drawer its right there mocking me!!!!! Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

11. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't ROM it yet, but I did Root and remove bloat. My Blockbuster also still showed in the Drawer and I was able to start it when I first pressed it.

What I did was went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications Press "All" and scroll down to Blockbuster. Press it and force close it. Now go back into your App Drawer and press on Blockbuster, it should give you an error message.

12. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it out. By deleting the Pvmptservicestart.apk and the odex for it I managed to make it disappear for good. Also in addition to the "pvmp" apk there was a similar one directly below it that I deleted as well. Probably another startup service, maybe for flickr or some other bloat. Havent had any adverse effects. Running smooth as silk with no blockbuster.