AirborneTB RC1B2 (3/24/11)

Reaction score
IIRC that's an issue HTC is going to "hotfix" in the near future.

I talked to HTC and they said that they MAY hotfix it. Part of my reasoning for Rooting and ROMming is to not have to rely on the Mfg/Carrier. I guess I can understand wanting to wait to see if they do the work for you, just wasn't sure how easy a fix it is.

Not right now. I'd imagine a future version might have that included. Keep in mind that we're still in the early days of Thunderbolt ROMs so many devs are figuring out how to code to use the features of the Thunderbolt.

I can wait... patiently. This isn't as important to me, but would be spectacular.

I doubt they are going to hotfix the mic issue because no Android devices I've used allow this.

And as long as you don't add Sense you can turn the homescreen in landscape.

All Motorola Droid phones (D1, D2 and X at least) have functioned this way. It is pretty much the only reason why I got the car dock. From talking to HTC support, they said many were complaining about it not working.

Oops I misread the earlier post and thought it was lockscreen. My bad. Yeah landscape is working for me via Launcher Pro.

Yeah, but I want to keep my Sense Widgets, Skins, etc, but get Landscape mode. I have ADW Launcher, but I lose my HTC Widgets if I use it!

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
I talked to HTC and they said that they MAY hotfix it. Part of my reasoning for Rooting and ROMming is to not have to rely on the Mfg/Carrier. I guess I can understand wanting to wait to see if they do the work for you, just wasn't sure how easy a fix it is.

That's why I put "IIRC" earlier. Thanks for the correction. If anything I really do hope the 4G battery issue is addressed. That's one big serious issue that to me is totally unacceptable.

TreyDaPrince

Reaction score
Launcher Pro Plus gives you the look and feel of most Sense Widgets. Just gotta pay for it.

And notice the trend of all the devices you named? None were HTC.

Sent From My ThunderBOLT

Reaction score
Launcher Pro Plus gives you the look and feel of most Sense Widgets. Just gotta pay for it.

Why would I want to Root and put a custom ROM on if no one is going to listen to requests? Launcher Pro Plus does not equal HTC Widgets and Skins, therefore it is not a viable option.

And notice the trend of all the devices you named? None were HTC.

This is the first "official" Car Dock that a Verizon HTC Android phone had. You can't trend something that has no trend! Besides, you said "because no Android devices I've used allow this," I was just giving you examples of Android phones that did.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.. I can flash the ROM and if I want Sense back just flash the zip? So then I will be running with the custom work done to the ROM but also not loose Sense right?

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Absolutely love the Rom. Makes a great phone even greater . Only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get rid of blockbuster. I've deleted everything associated with I could find and its still a functioning app on my drawer. It's driving me nuts. Every time I open my drawer its right there mocking me!!!!! Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Absolutely love the Rom. Makes a great phone even greater . Only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get rid of blockbuster. I've deleted everything associated with I could find and its still a functioning app on my drawer. It's driving me nuts. Every time I open my drawer its right there mocking me!!!!! Any ideas?

I didn't ROM it yet, but I did Root and remove bloat. My Blockbuster also still showed in the Drawer and I was able to start it when I first pressed it.

What I did was went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications Press "All" and scroll down to Blockbuster. Press it and force close it. Now go back into your App Drawer and press on Blockbuster, it should give you an error message.

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Figured it out. By deleting the Pvmptservicestart.apk and the odex for it I managed to make it disappear for good. Also in addition to the "pvmp" apk there was a similar one directly below it that I deleted as well. Probably another startup service, maybe for flickr or some other bloat. Havent had any adverse effects. Running smooth as silk with no blockbuster.

givmedew

Reaction score
I doubt they are going to hotfix the mic issue because no Android devices I've used allow this.

Sent From My ThunderBOLT

They will most likely hotfix it since they did not do that on purpose. Like another user said MOST android smartphones DO NOT mute the mic.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Sent From My ThunderBOLT

They will most likely hotfix it since they did not do that on purpose. Like another user said MOST android smartphones DO NOT mute the mic.

Correct...most Android phones don't mute it. In fact my neighbor has the Dinc, and tested this feature as I stood right next to him and it worked fine... :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I know its probably a pain, but any chance of getting a themed LP update zip? 8.4 is out.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I know its probably a pain, but any chance of getting a themed LP update zip? 8.4 is out.

Or at lest a method for us to update to the new stock? Personally I don't care if it's themed...but I do like the ability to update it...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
Also...I just realized that on this rom I have no market....

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its vr market at the bottom of your app drawer

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App