ROM for wifi fix?

Zippster

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rom that fixes the wifi not connecting on Razr since the JB update? Connected to my network flawlessly on ICS, now wont.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anyone have a rom that fixes the wifi not connecting on Razr since the JB update? Connected to my network flawlessly on ICS, now wont.

This subject been addressed numerous times for various phones and under various upgrades. When phone's operating systems are upgraded, there are also often upgrades to the various protocols that the phones used to communicate, including wifi protocols. As a result, often times older routers will not communicate properly with the newer updated protocols on the phones. Most often the problem is as a result of an antiquated router or older version of its BIOS. Log onto the router's website, download the new BIOS and install it. If there isn't any newer BIOS available, then it's time to replace the router altogether.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Thanks FoxKat, but....the router is Verizons fios router and is less then 2 years old and NOT on the list of incompatible ones per verizon and motorola. Also there is no firmware upgrade available for it, all checked and reset, rebooted many times before I post.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Heres another thing with the Jellybean "update". If others are happy accepting to go buy new hardware, so be it, but ICS worked the day before and the android OS on the whole with this network for 2 years before without a problem, the instant JB updates, it all goes to hell. If I forget the network, restart the phone it will connect and run at full wifi speeds for a short time before it drops and will not connect again, if its incompatible as they say, then it shouldnt work at all, they have some other bug in there.

Also it dropped the bluetooth audio on my $40k truck, shall I go buy a new one of those? Its only a 2012.

Per the verizon tech, it has affected the razr series and bionic.

I'm not a coder and dont even pretend to have that much knowledge, but wouldnt it be possible for one of these ROM writers to take the old wifi code and implement it into one of the root roms to save everyone this hassle and messing with equipment? If it wasnt broken on ICS why should it be now.

ric5141

Reaction score
Same issue has started with my Bionic..works for awhile then starts to drop. Router works with Windows 7, Linux, Windows xp, Lenovo a2107, all my other devices. It also works at first then starts to drop in power and finally disconnects.