1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WIFI connectivity

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mtwi, Aug 30, 2013.

1. mtwi

mtwi New Member

SO, after the latest update(many, many months ago) and a FDR(today) I STILL cannot connect to WIFI at home. When I first got my RAZR MAXX last November, it worked flawlessly, connected to WIFI at home or wherever I went that had an open network. Now, even after a factory data reset, read MANY places that said this would fix the issue, it STLL doesn't work..... I am so frustrated now, I don't know what to do. Before you tell me to go buy a new router, it doesn't work on the new router at work either.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about the work router as they get a little more complicated from a security and control standpoint but here is a list of possibilities, none of which include you replacing your router. ;):biggrin:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...fi-issues-possible-solutions.html#post2422305
  3. mtwi

mtwi New Member

Thanks for the link leeshor. I'll look into those later. Work has 2 routers, one we use for ourselves and another is for our customers. I cannot connect to either one.

On second thought, I don't think the phone completely reset. Still have android version 4.1.2......
  4. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

You may also want to try a public hotspot to rule out some issue with the phone's hardware.
  5. Irontyke

Irontyke Member

I am having trouble connecting with wifi at home also. Rebooting the router helps for a while, but it goes back to some kind of sleep mode and my phone cannot reconnect, yet it works for TV. It's as if it limits connection to a few times per day.
  6. Irontyke

Irontyke Member

Maybe it's Charter?
  7. Irontyke

Irontyke Member

The wifi connection problems went away after I rebooted the modem several times. I don't know what changed, but it connected reliably the last couple days. Great!
  8. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

I have the same issues with my router at my house. I will turn on wifi but it will not connect until I go into the wifi settings to see the available networks then it will automatically connect. If you have issues with it just give that a try just go into settings and click on wifi to see the available networks.
Search tags for this page

razr xt912 cannot connect to wifi