SmartActions - When Wifi is on cannot turn data off

NickNacNo

Reaction score
In the SmartActions app before the JB update, I had the following setup:
Trigger - When WiFi is connected to any network
Action - Mobile Data would be set to off
Result = the wifi icon at the top the screen was blue, and the 4GLTE icon disappeared. This let me know 4G was completely off.

After the JellyBean update, when I select the Wifi trigger the Mobile Data option is greyed out in the Action menu. This leaves me with two questions.
1. Was this feature disabled with the JB update?
2. I noticed that now when I'm connected to a Wifi network (and the wifi icon is blue), the 4GLTE icon is still displayed, however, it is greyed out. Does this mean that when wifi is "Active", 4G is automatically turned off?

I used this SmartAction in ICS to help save battery power to prevent simultaneous Wifi and Mobile Data transmission.

subsynth

Reaction score
I also experience this (grayed out mobile data option)

My wife just got a razr M and I was able to set up the smart action on her phone. So it is not for all jb devices.

jaqsyd

Reaction score
NickNac: someone helped me with this last week. I now use the Home Smart Action and Work Smart Action. You can then set it to turn wifi on and data off when it senses your location.

OP
NickNacNo

NickNacNo

Reaction score
NickNac: someone helped me with this last week. I now use the Home Smart Action and Work Smart Action. You can then set it to turn wifi on and data off when it senses your location.

I got that set up for 'Home' and will check it out after work. When my screen is off I have have Smart Action turn off data, wifi, and GPS so I'll see if it detects that I'm actually 'Home'. Unless there are any conflicts, I forsee this will work perfectly for me! Thanks for the feedback.