[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 12 !! Gingerbread 2.3.4

mymotoq07

Reaction score
there is NO charity options and NO need to lock the messaging app.

Hmmm...why is this ROM so magical that the messaging app doesn't need to be locked? This is the 4th ROM I've had and all the rest have had a messaging issue (not getting all texts). I thought it was a gingerbread issue.
I found where the app can be locked (cyanogenMod settings->performance) and I haven't had an issue, I'll leave it locked :)
Anyway, best ROM yet, but still not getting the battery performance I'm looking for. And JuiceDefender was making my touch screen respond a little wacky.
I see there is an update...I'm all over it.
Thanks for your reply :)

mymotoq07

Reaction score
there is NO charity options and NO need to lock the messaging app.

Hmmm...why is this ROM so magical that the messaging app doesn't need to be locked? This is the 4th ROM I've had and all the rest have had a messaging issue (not getting all texts). I thought it was a gingerbread issue.
I found where the app can be locked (cyanogenMod settings->performance) and I haven't had an issue, I'll leave it locked :)
Anyway, best ROM yet, but still not getting the battery performance I'm looking for. And JuiceDefender was making my touch screen respond a little wacky.
I see there is an update...I'm all over it.
Thanks for your reply :)

Cracking up at myself ....I'm experimenting with 2 phones ...and saw a reply that I thought was for the other rom ...smh ignore everything except the last line lol
even though I did update and have been getting ALOT OF FCs!!

scott32746

Reaction score
All is good, other than repaint/redraw is a little slow.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

KuroDroid

Reaction score

So I tryed updating from 12.5 to 12.7 and now my phone is stuck in an infinite boot loop. Any way to fix this?

This happen to me as well going from 12.1 to 12.7. I just yanked the battery, put it back in, held X and power, got to my Recovery screen and reinstalled the update.zip. It started working after that. It seemed a bit sluggish but picked up fairly quickly. I think it was more LauncherPro than the ROM itself.

KuroDroid

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the GPS not working after turning it off?
It works great after a reboot, but as soon as you turn it off and then back on, it cannot connect to any satellites.

ryex

Reaction score
Well I finally got it working, but now as I type this, my droid is caught in an infinite boot loop, after randomly restarting...
So I am going to try to re-install charity one more time, and if it doesn't boot up correctly first time, then I am moving to a different rom, until charity can be fixed at least.
When it was working this was one impressive rom, but I rely on my phone too much to have a shaky rom right now.

ryex

Reaction score
Well I finally got it working, but now as I type this, my droid is caught in an infinite boot loop, after randomly restarting...
So I am going to try to re-install charity one more time, and if it doesn't boot up correctly first time, then I am moving to a different rom, until charity can be fixed at least.
When it was working this was one impressive rom, but I rely on my phone too much to have a shaky rom right now.
Well I have been trying to get the rom to work and it seems that there is something wrong when it tries to communicate to the SD card and that forces the shut downs and crashes.

arcsum68

Reaction score
Definitely avoid this right now, setting up a lock pattern will put your phone into an infinite loop. Be kinda awesome if someone would remove the file.

mellor_21

Reaction score
Definitely avoid this right now, setting up a lock pattern will put your phone into an infinite loop. Be kinda awesome if someone would remove the file.

Mine went into an infinite loop so i held down x and tried reloading it a couple of times, then loaded the update.zip. Now I'm still stuck in the loop but when I try to load clockwork it brings up a picture of a caution triangle and my phone. Photo attached.
Did I just brick it?

Edit, it's a droid 1 with frg83g

Last edited:

illmatic636

Reaction score
This has happened to me. All you can do to fix this is SBF to SPR Recovery, then download a different rom and name it "update" flash it with SPR and you should be good to go. Last time this has happened, I was on MIUI. This is how I recovered my D1

mellor_21

Reaction score
This has happened to me. All you can do to fix this is SBF to SPR Recovery, then download a different rom and name it "update" flash it with SPR and you should be good to go. Last time this has happened, I was on MIUI. This is how I recovered my D1

How do you sbf to spr recovery? I tried holding down x while turning it on but it brings up the screen that's in the picture I posted earlier.
Thanks for the reply!

Edit, nvm I think that I found it.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ur-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post1522938

Last edited:

mellor_21

Reaction score
It worked great, I just flashed it back to stock and redid everything. Phone runs great now :)

09HDMSCL

Reaction score
Ok so i am going to admit that i am pretty new to this ROM scene but i have a few issues or questions. I had Charity V11 and it was great. I have an OG Droid. I put V12.7 on here now, and i am having a few issues. I used titanium backup to restore my apps. When i go the market it does not show them.... what’s up with that? I had to download the gmail app (google apps did not come with this rom?) and that showed up in the "My Apps". The issue with Gmail is i have to manually refresh in order to receive new messages. There are also no notification options like before such as vibrate when i get a message or the green light blinking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: