Themed Gingerbread Keyboard to match DarkSlide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Hey! Check this out... our good friend Gregtard over at MyDroidWorld has been very kind in theming one of his Gingerbread keyboards to match the DarkSlide colors. dancedroiddancedroid

To install:

Open Bootrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Backup and Restore
Backup (better safe than sorry!)
Back to main Recovery menu
Install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
select DarkSlide-IME.zip
Install
Back to main Recovery menu
Reboot
Enjoy!

the file can be downloaded here:
http://bit.ly/educAO

**if you like this keyboard, I recommend you check out Themed Gingerbread Keyboards and thank Gregtard for his hard work and kindness! Remember, he did this as a favor ;)

Attachments

• snap20110124_165031.jpg
    snap20110124_165031.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 670
  • snap20110124_165122.jpg
    snap20110124_165122.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 717
  • snap20110124_165413.jpg
    snap20110124_165413.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 669
  • snap20110124_165425.jpg
    snap20110124_165425.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 433

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yea! Thank you :)

Looks good and works excellent.

Thanks Gregtard.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
NattyBee

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks Gregtard.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

You should give him thanks over at MDW ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score

Thanks Gregtard.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Chkmate need to ask you a question If I dont want to install gingerbread keyboard can I get the back ground out of stock? Second I use Aol alot I can get emails ok everything sinc is there anyway to get contact list to come up if you want to forward I know if you start to type they come up but Im old and cant remember addresses I have it setup now where I put aol widget from mail shortcuts on screen it gets me there but It takes forever. The only rom thats let you do it is stock and apex. Really like this rom fast for me and my phone and runs smooth so far Thanks

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks Gregtard.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Chkmate need to ask you a question If I dont want to install gingerbread keyboard can I get the back ground out of stock? Second I use Aol alot I can get emails ok everything sinc is there anyway to get contact list to come up if you want to forward I know if you start to type they come up but Im old and cant remember addresses I have it setup now where I put aol widget from mail shortcuts on screen it gets me there but It takes forever. The only rom thats let you do it is stock and apex. Really like this rom fast for me and my phone and runs smooth so far Thanks

Ok, first, did you update to v4.2 from v4.1 or did you install the v4.2 full ROM that they recently released? Reason I ask is if you installed the full ROM they added 4-5 keyboards in a add-on's folder that you can get to from Root Explorer and Clockwork. There is a keyboard called unthemed that is one just like the one your using but w/out the background. If you don't have the add-on's file let me know and I will upload the file.

As for the Email issue, not sure. I know exactly what you mean by it being a pain. The only thing I can suggest to make it easier is make a certain group in your contacts (which I think can be done, lol) for people that just have Emails added to the contacts. That way you can open that up, scroll to contact and click on there Email link and start composing.

Someone may come along with a better answer. Sorry.

That zip for the keyboard is below. Install like any other zip.

-Move to SD card of phone
-Reboot into Clockwork
-Install zip from SD card
-Choose zip from SD card
-Navigate to unthemed_keyboard
-Install

Attachments

• Unthemed_Keyboard.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 232

wooddale

Reaction score

Thanks Gregtard.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Ok, first, did you update to v4.2 from v4.1 or did you install the v4.2 full ROM that they recently released? Reason I ask is if you installed the full ROM they added 4-5 keyboards in a add-on's folder that you can get to from Root Explorer and Clockwork. There is a keyboard called unthemed that is one just like the one your using but w/out the background. If you don't have the add-on's file let me know and I will upload the file.

As for the Email issue, not sure. I know exactly what you mean by it being a pain. The only thing I can suggest to make it easier is make a certain group in your contacts (which I think can be done, lol) for people that just have Emails added to the contacts. That way you can open that up, scroll to contact and click on there Email link and start composing.

Thanks I just downloaded full rom I believe said v42 but not full blur. Ill ck what you soon as phone charges a little lol wore it out.

Guess Ill have to live with emai issue its aols fault everything else works fine. Once I tried switching everything to gmail that waas a real cluster xxxz

Is it the root explorer you have to purchase I dont mind buying it if I need too couldnt find anything on phone. Thanks

OP
NattyBee

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks I just downloaded full rom I believe said v42 but not full blur. Ill ck what you soon as phone charges a little lol wore it out.

Guess Ill have to live with emai issue its aols fault everything else works fine. Once I tried switching everything to gmail that waas a real cluster xxxz

Is it the root explorer you have to purchase I dont mind buying it if I need too couldnt find anything on phone. Thanks
If you took the full 4.2 it'll be in your add-ons folder...blur or blurless rom :)
Root Explorer is a paid app...but very very worth the $ ;)

wooddale

Reaction score

thanks did it with astro

wooddale

Reaction score

If you took the full 4.2 it'll be in your add-ons folder...blur or blurless rom :)
Root Explorer is a paid app...but very very worth the $ ;)

Thanks I will purchase it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.