ROM bootloop issues (GNEX)

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Hey guys... I have tried to flash AOKP build 39 and the Jelly Bean roms to which when they both boot up, they just keep looping and I never make it to the home screen. Anyone have suggestions for me please? Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What method are you using? Also, could you list the steps? The more info the better.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions of the ROMs install method?

Like wipe if they require it, which AOKP should a wipe if you are coming from anything but perhaps AOKP 38 .

Are you installing any other mods with tthe ROM? Themes, kernels, or other mods?

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I simply download the rom, transfer the zip file to a folder i created on my phone. go into fastboot, find the file and then go to install it. it says it's installed and then I go to reboot phone and it just sticks at the boot logo for each rom.

Nealius

Reaction score
You mentioned you tried a jb ROM . There is a super wipe available on xda that might fix your issue. I have not gone back to ICS since jb dropped. But I read a normal wipe may leave bits behind.

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I went back and backed up my ICS rom and what was goin on pre-flash. I then wiped partition and reinstalled for example the aokp rom. Am I doing this wrong? Some help please and thank you

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I simply download the rom, transfer the zip file to a folder i created on my phone. go into fastboot, find the file and then go to install it. it says it's installed and then I go to reboot phone and it just sticks at the boot logo for each rom.

Do you mean to say you went into recovery and installed it?

I went back and backed up my ICS rom and what was goin on pre-flash. I then wiped partition and reinstalled for example the aokp rom. Am I doing this wrong? Some help please and thank you

Which partition do you mean you wiped? Was it just cache or did you do the factory reset/data wipe as well?

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Do you mean to say you went into recovery and installed it?

Which partition do you mean you wiped? Was it just cache or did you do the factory reset/data wipe as well?

Yes recovery to install. sorry.

and I just did a cache wipe

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK well that is most likely the problem then. When installing a new ROM, unless otherwise stated in the directions, you need to do the full reset/data wipe option. Some times if you are already on a ROM and it is just an update you can squeak by with just wiping cache (sometimes referred to as a "dirty" flash).

Now you also mentioned you backed up something. Was this back up a Nandroid back up (would have been done from the recovery screen or some people use ROM Manager to do it)?

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I went into recovery mode and did a backup through that, then I had wiped the cache, then attempted install of ROM.

So should I do a full reset/wipe and then install the ROM?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes, definitely and hopefully that will get you back on track.

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to do another backup, then factory reset/wipe and install. hopefully it does work

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Let me know how you make out.

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
got the ROM flashed. made it to home screen. went in and downloaded/installed the clockworkrecovery mod, then restarted phone. Now just to figure out how to get my contacts/apps back... not sure how to sign in

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry stepped away from the computer. There should have been a log in screen. What rom did you flash?

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX