GNex stuck in a boot loop and I can't get it into recovery?

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
Please help...I can't get my Gnex back into recovery. I tried flashing a new ROM and it seemed to take but when it started to boot back up it just kept looping. I tried a battery pull and reboot but it still loops or it will only go to a screen that says start and that it is downloading and and not to take it off the target. Anyone know what is going on and how I can get the Gnex back into recovery to flash my backup?
Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yank the battery one more time and when you put it back in press volume up/down and the power button at the same time, when you see the start screen use the volume toggle until you see "recovery mode" and then press power - should bring you into recovery :)

OP
BUckeyemike84

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
Yank the battery one more time and when you put it back in press volume up/down and the power button at the same time, when you see the start screen use the volume toggle until you see "recovery mode" and then press power - should bring you into recovery :)

I have tried that already and i can't toggle to recovery. It just stays on start and won't do anything else. Underneath where it says start, it just shows that it is downloading and not to turn off target. Any ideas on where to go from there?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you're pressing the volume down and power, be sure to press volume up and down and then the power button all at the same time