ROM bootloop issues (GNEX)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hit enter too quick. You probably just need to flash the GAPPS package which most roms require. So if that's the case then just boot back into recovery to install it and you should be. Good to go.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
At the point you are now you should be able to boot into recovery now and just flash the GAPPS file, reboot, and sign in.

The normal steps to follow when flashing are as follow:
1) Boot into recovery
2) Perform your wipes
3) Flash ROM file
4) Flash GAPPS file
5) Reboot into Android
6) Profit!

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Thanks for everythin! I'm gonna give it a go here in a few... I had restored back to an old file that is just some ICS before I did anything since I wasn't getting service on the aokp at the time. Will update in a bit

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, again let me know how you make out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Excellent, very happy to hear it and to help!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just out of curiosity, is your recovery CWR touch? There has been word that CWR touch causes problems with some JB ROMs and I think I can attest to that as I was having bootloop issues once I tried a JB ROM. If you are using CWR Touch, I recommend you flash a regular version of it.

My phone bootlooped on me twice today and both with CWR Touch. I've since installed an older regular version of CWR and rebooted about 5 times with JD's JB v4 and had not one bootloop issue. For some reason I think there's a conflict between the CWR Touch recovery and probably the data of JB ROMs. I just got it fixed around 6:30pm and not a hiccup so far.

The last JB ROM I had on it with CWR Touch froze and bootlooped within 2 hours. So, so far so good.

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Just out of curiosity, is your recovery CWR touch? There has been word that CWR touch causes problems with some JB ROMs and I think I can attest to that as I was having bootloop issues once I tried a JB ROM. If you are using CWR Touch, I recommend you flash a regular version of it.

My phone bootlooped on me twice today and both with CWR Touch. I've since installed an older regular version of CWR and rebooted about 5 times with JD's JB v4 and had not one bootloop issue. For some reason I think there's a conflict between the CWR Touch recovery and probably the data of JB ROMs. I just got it fixed around 6:30pm and not a hiccup so far.

The last JB ROM I had on it with CWR Touch froze and bootlooped within 2 hours. So, so far so good.

No it is just the regular version of CWR. glad all is working for you now though