[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

Rjohnson3452

Reaction score
Just flashed over, I didn't know how much I've been missing Cyanogenmod! It was the only thing that made my old HTC Eris bearable.

Many thanks to everyone involved in bringing this to the Droid 2!!

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
For those that were concerned with battery life; I'm running Zepplinrox's V6 Supercharger script with option 9, Zepplinrox's 98KickA$$KernelTweak, Battery Saver Profile with QuickClock Advanced, and an advanced profile in Ultimate Juice. My phone's running fast and smooth, and I'm seeing battery life that will easily allow me to go 20 hours without a charge with my average use. dancedroid

Standard or extended battery?

Extended battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
For those that were concerned with battery life; I'm running Zepplinrox's V6 Supercharger script with option 9, Zepplinrox's 98KickA$$KernelTweak, Battery Saver Profile with QuickClock Advanced, and an advanced profile in Ultimate Juice. My phone's running fast and smooth, and I'm seeing battery life that will easily allow me to go 20 hours without a charge with my average use. dancedroid

I could really use some help using the v6/kickass scripts..of you would please help me out..I seem to be missing something.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I had some problems too. The kickasskernel tweak should be run "as root" and "at boot". After running the SuperCharger installation script, use Script Manager to navigate to system/etc/init.d and you should see the 99SuperCharger in there. Select the 99SuperCharger and run it "as root" and "at boot". Here's a link for the throttling problem: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/122783-dxcs-throttle-modding-made-easy.html. I haven't tried it yet though.

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whenever this happens to me, I just wait. They usually sync up within half a day or so. Give it some time and ill bet they show up soon enough

CM74D2

Idopa you want the throttle zip?

Hey droid2drummer, does that zip do the same as Zepplin's 3g TurboCharger?

Not sure ... All I know is when I had buffering and stalling issues playing and dling I did the lil mod and bam no more of that crap! Lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't used it yet. To be honest, I use a lot of data each month (a lot lot lot :) and i've never noticed any slow down in my data speeds. I'll probably check it out anyway.

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK this is crazy! I just got on build 30 and attempted to install the ram script that i've been using on each nightly. Now, I just had to sbf the other day and after rebooting this morning, another black screen! I had to sbf yet again. What is the deal? I'm back on build 30,but have decided to not install this script. Deep down tho, I think it may be my sd card and not any one file.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
OK this is crazy! I just got on build 30 and attempted to install the ram script that i've been using on each nightly. Now, I just had to sbf the other day and after rebooting this morning, another black screen! I had to sbf yet again. What is the deal? I'm back on build 30,but have decided to not install this script. Deep down tho, I think it may be my sd card and not any one file.

No problems flashing scripts here.

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. I've never had an issue before either. Like I said, I think it's my sd card. Data may be corrupt there

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. All is good right now. I don't know why I feel the need to over tweak my phone. It's already screaming fast. It's getting irrational haha

CM74D2

andrewqueen

Reaction score
Hah just stop for now, but I don't know if its just me but my battery life has been improving as each nightly is released

Droid2 CM7 - build 30

chayes627

Reaction score
2 things, when are the nightlies release about eastern time? and two i know the battery life is bad but my phone died last night with 50 percent battery with no use. aka 10pm till 7 am while sleeping. i am on build 27 is there much difference in battery life with the newer ones and is there any thing i can do to help the idle battery life. i have all my polling apps set to an hour but thats also only three apps gmail, bw weather, and tapatalk.

k9nikita

Reaction score
I was wondering if the voice command issue has had any progress? I see some of you have posted that the battery issue seems to be getting better.