Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by kejar31, Dec 27, 2011.
new update.. so the changelog
updated to 0.5.4 checkout the changelog
Oh and there is no need to wipe data if you are coming from GummyNex 3.0 and grater
Bug fix release... updated the kernel which should fix the battery drain issue
yet another kernel fix release guys.. not need to install this if you have 0.5.5/0.5.4 installed and have already updated your kernel.
update released .. read the change log in the op... No need to wipe data as long as you are coming from 3.0 or higher of Gummy... Also you must as always install gapps when installing an update
Update.. see the change log... it include full language support now which I know was requested
I don't have a Galaxy Nexus yet but I got a few questions about this rom:
1. in the last screenshot you show the drop down menu settings and I was wondering if its possible to change what settings are available there since something like auto brightness would make more sense on a gsm model than 4G LTE?
2. does this improve the battery life of the phone in any way?
3. can you change the icons of the 2 extra apps on the lock screen or would it be easier to just use widget locker for that?
4. is the T9 dialer like the dialer on htc phones where if you want to call someone you can type their name and it appears above instead of typing a phone number?
hope you got time to answer these questions.
I am not using the GSM version but I will take a shot at it anyway.
1) On the CDMA version you can not change the toggles so I would say it is the same way.
2) This depends on your set up and how you use the phone. But *typically* people experience an increase. This depends on you though so keep that in mind.
3) To the best of my knowledge you would need to flash a mod to change the icons and I have never used widget locker to speak on that.
4) And as long as I understand what you mean then yes it does.
thanks, I hope the 4G LTE setting is different in the GSM version mainly because most carriers here (including the one I use) doesn't actually have 4G support yet so it would be a waste of space.
No problem. And like I said I am not sure but it would make sense if it was something else. It may just be screen shots from the CDMA ROM.
Has anybody used a different kernel and got better battery life because my battery life isn't so good... Love this rom though
Im had gummy with imosy kernel for the last couple weeks.justm flashed franco kernel over so we'll see..im a heavy user so we'll just have to wait and see
Try lowering the voltages on it. I lowered them even more and battery has improved by a lot since I been browsing and just messing with settings.
A very quick FYI. The link in the first post to the ROM is actually to the LTE ROM and not the GSM version. Thankfully Clockwork is smart enough and refused to flash it. Downloaded the GSM 0.7.0 from a different link and all is well. Keep up the great work on this ROM as it seems to just get better and better. The ability to use the volume keys to wake is a big plus for me.
::edit:: this link retrieves the GSM ROM -> http://goo-inside.me/roms/teamgummy/maguro/GummyNexGSM0.7.0.zip
Good catch and thank you for pointing it out. I edited the OP to contain the correct link to avoid any confusion.
Separate names with a comma.