[Rom]{6.5.11}[ED01] ComRom 2.0 (ukb) *added a few patches

millwood

Reaction score
Safe to assune that this does not have the Samsung backup utility included for contacts? Am running Evil and am thinking of giving this a shot as my battery life is not great.

DaleV

Reaction score
Safe to assune that this does not have the Samsung backup utility included for contacts? Am running Evil and am thinking of giving this a shot as my battery life is not great.

If you are talking about the setup/backup thing why does anyone use that? I use Titanium Backup from the market, and just to be safe i go to settings-> Privacy-> and check the settings for back up my data and automatic restore. Then all you need to do is go back one from there and up one to accounts and sync-> tap the google logo with the green sync icon, to make it stop. After the sync icon turns grey, tap it again to get sync going again. The last part probably isn't necessary but if I am gonna back it up I might as well make sure it is actually doing it.

Oh and sorry guys but i had to jump ship cause jt1134's Cyanogen GB rocks!! dancedroid and go sms pro is free in market and fixes mms problem, I just uninstalled the Sammy sms anyway, cause i think its crap.

hansocal

Reaction score
anyone know why the battery never charges to 100%? or when it does it goes down to 99% right away and battery dies very fast

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If you are talking about the setup/backup thing why does anyone use that? I use Titanium Backup from the market, and just to be safe i go to settings-> Privacy-> and check the settings for back up my data and automatic restore. Then all you need to do is go back one from there and up one to accounts and sync-> tap the google logo with the green sync icon, to make it stop. After the sync icon turns grey, tap it again to get sync going again. The last part probably isn't necessary but if I am gonna back it up I might as well make sure it is actually doing it.

Oh and sorry guys but i had to jump ship cause jt1134's Cyanogen GB rocks!! dancedroid and go sms pro is free in market and fixes mms problem, I just uninstalled the Sammy sms anyway, cause i think its crap.

Link?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

cruskai239

Reaction score
Hows this for improved battery life? Awesome job devs. Running Otb flavor of this rom with -50 across the board noop scheduling and clock limit at 800mhz. No noticeable speed difference even though underclocked.
aefc8edf-be91-2e37.jpg

Sport

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to update my wife's Fascinate as it is still an un-rooted version of Froyo.

I'm running OTB1.3 CWR 3.0.2 and ComROM 2.0 un-themed and have been pleased.

Since I'll be installing CommRom 2.0 on my wife's phone, are there any advantages with updating the OTB to Reloaded (1.6) with the latest version of CWR3xxx? or is OTB 1.3 perfectly made for CommRom 2.0?
OTB v1.3 is an older kernel...i wanna say its on v1.6 or v1.7 now....id update or run PB&J -50uv/-100uv kernels

Thanks Tapout,

I've updated recovery t purple and installed PBJ-50 on both my wife's and my phone. Seems to be very stable with only a few non-essential screens giving force close. Battery Life is Superb (with exception of not maintaining 100% after running Battery Calibration numerous times). Thanks for the advice and directions.

Sport

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to update my wife's Fascinate as it is still an un-rooted version of Froyo.

I'm running OTB1.3 CWR 3.0.2 and ComROM 2.0 un-themed and have been pleased.

Since I'll be installing CommRom 2.0 on my wife's phone, are there any advantages with updating the OTB to Reloaded (1.6) with the latest version of CWR3xxx? or is OTB 1.3 perfectly made for CommRom 2.0?
OTB v1.3 is an older kernel...i wanna say its on v1.6 or v1.7 now....id update or run PB&J -50uv/-100uv kernels

Thanks Tapout,

I've updated recovery t purple and installed PBJ-50 on both my wife's and my phone. Seems to be very stable with only a few non-essential screens giving force close. Battery Life is Superb (with exception of not maintaining 100% after running Battery Calibration numerous times). Thanks for the advice and directions.

Sport
No prob sir

yummylishouz

Reaction score
i have had a problem resizing images for wallpaper ever since installing this! it gets frozen as soon as i touch it to adjust the size! anyone else?

cruskai239

Reaction score
Lockscreens

I was wondering (and forgive me if this is a stupid question) if there were any custom lockscreens that are compatible with this rom that I could flash

yummylishouz

Reaction score
it comes with tsm parts in settings, which has 6 different lock screens. or you can dl a different lock screen from the market. I use widgetlocker.

cruskai239

Reaction score
Thank you. I know about the 6 in TSM parts and I've considered a market one. My girlfriend wants the Palm Pixi (sp?) lockscreen on her fascinate and am just looking for the simplest way to get it on there if it exists

yummylishouz

Reaction score
I have no idea what that even looks like. but widgetlocker ddoes have a whole thread at xda designated to different lockscreens. there's so many to choose from. you can dl right to your phone and unzip in a file manager.

j_acm

Reaction score
With the Commrom I cant get the clock to show on the status bar.. any ideas?