Roku vs. Chromecast vs. Apple TV vs. Fire TV vs. Android TV

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
For those looking to cut some cords in favor of a streaming solution, the chart below gives you the necessary information in order to make a decision that's right for you.

Here is what you are looking at price wise. Please note, pricing for these items change often. There is always a deal available.
Apple TV ($69 to $199), Amazon's Fire TV ($99, or $39 for the Fire TV Stick), Roku ($50 to $130, depending on the model), Chromecast ($35), and Android TV devices such as the Nexus Player ($100) and Nvidia Shield Android TV ($200).

upload_2016-1-4_18-7-2.png

Roku offers the most content with Chromecast right at it's heels. It really comes down to price but if you just want to stream Netflix or Hulu, just about any device has you covered.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have CC [4], Roku and Android TV. I use the CC more than the others.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sweet chart!
Really enjoying our new FireTV. I only subscribe to Netflix, Prime & HBOGo, but utilize dozens of other free services, so it works out great for my needs. I don't have a need for Google Play movies or music since Prime offers the exact same content. The only thing I really miss is VuDu support, but again Prime offers the same new release PPV movies, & every so often 1-2 dollars cheaper. (For example, we streamed Mission Impossible - Rouge Nation the day it was released for 3.99 on Prime, when the other services were offering it for 5.99) That said, there are some titles that are occasionally offered a week or two earlier on VuDu, so that's always a plus. But since I have VuDu on my BluRay player, it's simply a matter of changing my tv's source output, so it's not too inconvenient.

S5 tap'n