Robo Defense

Underwhere

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but robodefense sucks compared to almost all of the TD's I have on my ipod touch. The graphics are circa windows 95 and the gameplay is tedious and unimagined. Go play geodefense or Geodefense swarm (or look for vids of gameplay on youtube) and see what a real tower defense should play like.

I'm not too concerned with the graphics. It's just a game I play with 1 finger. I'm not really looking for an "experience"
It's just fun to dabble with.

Last edited:
J

JohnDroid

I've spent too many hours playing Robodefense as well. It may not have the best graphics but it's fun, I like it.

Reaction score
I just bought this game and I'm having fun with it. Do you need to start with gun towers at first? I'm getting to the point my gun towers do almost no damage, but I don't have upgraded starting money to the point that I can build all rocket towers to start out with. So I guess I will need to use some upgrade points on guns? Just wanting to see what others have come up with.

meh8036

Reaction score
I just bought this game and I'm having fun with it. Do you need to start with gun towers at first? I'm getting to the point my gun towers do almost no damage, but I don't have upgraded starting money to the point that I can build all rocket towers to start out with. So I guess I will need to use some upgrade points on guns? Just wanting to see what others have come up with.

I mix it up but usually start out with just guns to build my frame. then i try to make a long winding path that takes up the whole screen so pretty much nothing makes it halfway across the screen. One of the most addicting games on droid... btw i don't play it cause it has awesome gfx... if i wanted to play something with awesome gfx i would play my PS3

On another note everyone should try the game What The Doodle... really fun game

Shaneathan

Reaction score
If you have the free version and get a lot of the upgrades and then buy the full version, will you have all the upgrades that you've already bought?

chomorro

Reaction score
^^ Good question. Just a heads up i play this stinking game for hours. I just recently found the setting to make fast forward stay on LOL. I kept pushing it every round took me 30 levels to figure that out.........

poooookah78

Reaction score
If you have the free version and get a lot of the upgrades and then buy the full version, will you have all the upgrades that you've already bought?

Yes, I broke down and paid 2.99 for the full version (very happy BTW) and all my stats/upgrades/progress was already on the full version!! GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I love this game! I bought it months ago. I unlocked the extra towers, the teleport. And mine towers. I have about all the towers upgraded to a base level 27, and play on level 150, usually I don't lose any lives either. I'm totally hooked. What the doodle is a great game too. Also try Bebbled.

mikera67

Reaction score
I have the paid version, upgrades to about level 15 with mines and teleport unlocked. Highest score so far is about 600,000. very addicting. I try to have a block of 4 towers that are all maxed out in a square near where the aircraft converge then have slow towers form a path around around 3/4th of the block of towers, this way you get most for your money in the beginning. just use basic guns to route the guys to the killing circle in the start of the game then build the circle as fast as you can, before the first way of aircraft come out. Make sure your slow towers line up with the aircraft flight path on your circle. Then as the game goes on add missles then sell and upgrade the guns, then more missles ect. Most of the time your map will be empty, you dont need very long paths to get to level 100. The fast cars are the hardest. Design the map so each high priced tower can shoot at more than one path, dont place anything on the edge of the maps, waste of space unless its directing traffic

Griffin

Reaction score
I am still taking advantage of the free version. Once our second month's bill comes in I will buy the full version. Those first month's bills are a killer!

Right now I am enjoying the achievement challenges. I just did the Gunner and Rocketeer achievements. Beat any level using no rockets and beat any level using no guns!

chestnut250

Reaction score
With the courtyard you basically need to construct a missle tower wall seperating the top from the bottom, with one passage through. From there, start constructing a maze of missile towers that the enemy needs to navigate through, this allowing you ample time to kill them all. Also, remember to build 1-2 anti-air missile towers centered to the screen below each of the three top doorways that enemies come out of.