Robinhood for Android is Now Available!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, watching it can be addicting, lol! After I make my mortgage payment on the 15th, I'm putting more money in so I have available money to jump on if I come across something that looks promising. What's really nice is that it really does put money out of mind (in a sense) unlike it being in my savings. It is too easy to access in my savings but not so here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Account Protection
- Robinhood Financial is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
Yeah Legal BS that means you need to file a case to get your money back. No thanks. I'll stick with my current online account.

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm down $4.00 since inception, damn Monster.com
:D
Not doing great on that, but still hanging in. I'm selling if it goes above $8.00 again.

Who did you buy, Tismydroid? I kind of thought it would be fun for us to discuss our stocks here, too. Our own little investment club. :D

I'm eyeing maybe getting a few shares of Fitbit after reading this:
Fitbit Inc (FIT) Upgraded To Outperform At Morgan Stanley
Up 70 cents this morning already. :D

Still also trying to find something cheap that pays dividends. :D
Supposedly, the new update to RobinHood let's you see if your stocks will pay a dividend soon or what it paid last time. I can't find that.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
(Of course YAHOO is up today)
REMEMBER I AM NOT AN EXPERT!
hahaha
Don't take stock advice from me.

Other stocks I am tracking:
ELRC, BANC, GE, GM, MSFT, JW.A

One stock I still very much believe in: KR

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I bought Sun Edison (SUNE) who just invested in a solar portfolio project, Monster (MWW) and AG Mortgage Investment Trust (MITT). I'm most hopeful with SUNE but I want to research more on solar & wind energy companies to invest in.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I bought a few shares of Photronics. They were on that list your linked a while back of "cheap stocks to watch". By the time I went to buy, they were the only one on that list that was still recommended to buy.

Photronics Inc.

I also bought a free shares of monster when they were down. They're on an uptick now. I'm up 50 centre now. Haha

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
(Of course YAHOO is up today)
REMEMBER I AM NOT AN EXPERT!
hahaha
Don't take stock advice from me.

Other stocks I am tracking:
ELRC, BANC, GE, GM, MSFT, JW.A

One stock I still very much believe in: KR
Yes, I noticed that but with all their eggs in alibaba and hoping the IRS won't stomp on them seemed too risky. I think the only reason they're up right now is for the time being the IRS said they weren't going to look into whether they should be taxed or not. You bet the good ole IRS is looking into it, they just haven't found the right loophole yet.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Let me share real quick WHY I like Kroger besides, as I said earlier, we'll always need food.

I had 100 shares @ around $70. Kroger did a stock split. Now I have 200 shares at around $32. Then they paid a dividend of almost 11 cents/share.

But that's not even any of the reason I kept my KR shares. The #1 reason Kroger listed for splitting the stock? To make it more affordable for their employees to buy shares. THAT'S a quality company that I think will continue to do well.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My next stop might be Kroger's. I was going to look into Allison mainly because I love their philosophy but also they've been around for 3 generations and going strong.

Edit: But they're a privately owned company so no go. Too bad because their growth and profits are excellent.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What happened in the market today? I don't feel so bad that I'm not the only one who lost money today, lol. And look at the only positive. Lol!
2137f25e359168511d7c95ff66d730d9.jpg