Roast of Screebl

keyesdav

Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of posts on this site about Screebl. Just wanted to point out a new review of the app on www.approasters.com. I think it's their premier review (they call it a "roast", which I like a lot).

Anyway, it's the most complete and thorough review that I've seen to date, and very well balanced. I've gotten some great ideas from their roast of Screebl. If you're looking for additional information on the app, this review might be a good place to start.

Dave

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello Dave,

I'd have to agree with this "roast" Screebl is simply an awesome app

The term "must have app" is thrown around too much I think but Screebl is an app that is truly worthy of this description.

If you are reading this and don't have it. Get it. You will not be sorry.

A+++++++++++

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello Dave,

The term "must have app" is thrown around too much I think but Screebl is an app that is truly worthy of this description.

A+++++++++++

^+1 completely agree. Amazing app that fills in the void(s) left out by Google/Motorola. One of the few apps that's I've actually purchased (there aren't many I find worth the $$ but this (and xScope) DEF are, IMO).

shademar

Reaction score
Hello Dave,

A+++++++++++

You know, I downloaded screebl and installed it awhile ago and didn't give it much thought until I recently had to wipe my phone. Five minutes later I was going crazy with frustration at the screen timeouts and realized that I hadn't redownloaded and started it.

I think this is the mark of a must-have app...you may not notice it running, but you notice it's absence immediately.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I have the lite version... I'm guessing the PRO version is more customizable.. Is it necessary? I don't imagine I'd mess with the stock settings too much.

shademar

Reaction score
I have the lite version... I'm guessing the PRO version is more customizable.. Is it necessary? I don't imagine I'd mess with the stock settings too much.

I have the pro version, but I haven't shifted the stock settings except to drop to the minimum screen timeout. I think there's a lot of extra customization you can do though. I bought it to buy it, not really because I found the free features lacking in any way.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

There are a few extras that you can play with but for me it's more of a "support the developers" thing. Since they did such a GREAT job and it is SUCH a must have app you should 'reward' them with the purchase. Like I said there are only a handful (less than a dozen) that I have done this with. xScope is one of the others because the developer is AMAZING with support (nightly builds addressing any newly reported issues).

Slevinn

Reaction score
This app doesn't work for me. I have my "green area" set perfect, so when I am using the phone in portrait or landscape, its set to where it's in the "in use" area. But if I lay my phone flat (out of the green area) then my display NEVER goes dark. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something in the video?

armeddroid

Reaction score
So Screebl Lite is just one screen where you turn it on and off, right?
And the Pro version is the one where you actually do adjustments.
Is this correct?

TheDJ

Reaction score
One of the first apps I downloaded, and it is excellent. I couldn't stand the timeouts with the phone, and this changed that, highly recommended!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
This app doesn't work for me. I have my "green area" set perfect, so when I am using the phone in portrait or landscape, its set to where it's in the "in use" area. But if I lay my phone flat (out of the green area) then my display NEVER goes dark. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something in the video?

Check the "stillness" timeout and sensitivity settings. Even when it's out of the "green" area it still follows these two setting to confirm screen-off. Also make sure you have the "enable at startup" checked. It seems to work better when started by the system after a boot than manually started.

Also if you've been using the debugging setting make sure you don't have "always on" checked (or whatever it's called, can't remember but it's on the same screen as the "usb debbuging" setting.

jbsangel

Reaction score
Is this correct?
No the free version has customizable settings and then the pro version I believe adds only one more customization, which is for the icon in the notification bar. It says it uses improved algorithms and also includes the locale plug-in. It's more like, the pay version just lets you support the dev, which is a pretty nice thing to do.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Is this correct?
No the free version has customizable settings and then the pro version I believe adds only one more customization, which is for the icon in the notification bar. It says it uses improved algorithms and also includes the locale plug-in. It's more like, the pay version just lets you support the dev, which is a pretty nice thing to do.

ok thanks
can you assist on where i can access the settings?

jbsangel

Reaction score
can you assist on where i can access the settings?
Sure, run screebl and on the main screen where you check/uncheck for it to run, press the menu key on your handset and there will be an option for 'Preferences.'