Is anyone using Screebl Pro and Locale together?

keyesdav

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm planning my next major release of Screebl Pro. I've got some cool new ideas for features, many of them originating in feedback that I've gotten directly from users or from here in the forums.

It's cool to see so many people using the app (almost 50k downloads, about 20k active users of the free Lite version), and I hear daily from users that are enjoying better screen timeout control and also better battery life.

One feature of Screebl Pro that I spent a crap load of time working on was integration with the application called Locale. Locale controls your phone's configuration based on a variety of different criteria. For example, you can mute your phone during certain hours or at certain locations. Screebl Pro includes plugins that allow Locale to configure Screebl, but also includes the ability for Screebl to trigger Locale configurations.

While there are other cool features available only in the Pro version, Locale integration is one of the top selling points, and I have been surprised to see a lack of significant uptake on usage of Screebl's Locale plug-ins. I'm curious if anyone has any insight into why this is. Is this just a very advanced and niche use case? Are people moving from Locale to some other solution that I should focus on for the next version of Screebl?

Thanks for any feedback!

Dave
Keyes Labs Portal
market://search?q=pname:com.keyes.screebl.pro

bennyj

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
I bought both locale and screeble pro, The only thing I had locale do with the screeble plug in was just to start it up. Unless there is something i'm missing, I could not figure out what to do with the two together other than that.

I have since uninstalled locale due to it being hit or miss as to weather it worked correctly. Most of the time it seemed as though it would take ages for it to notice a change and act accordingly. I have switched over to an app called "Setting Profiles" and am very happy with it. Much faster on picking up changes.

I do how ever use your program every day and love it! Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer if I can.

drummerq

Reaction score
just a thought here,

they removed the locale beta, now its 10$. I know a lot of people who said they wont pay that type of money for Locale, Therefor less people using Locale, less plugins bought.

markdobson

Reaction score
Dave -
I echo bennyj's reply. Locale was very hit and miss and I removed it. I find that for my particular end use Timeriffic suits me better as the time based settings work better for me then the location based settings on Locale, and like bennyj mentioned Locale just didn't seem to update frequently or that accurately (and I leave my GPS on throughout the work day because your app is so great for saving my battery! You have an excellent product, I love my Screebl Pro! Keep up the great work!

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use both Locale and Screebl Pro. . .cost for Locale aside, it has worked very well for me and I frankly enjoy the fact that I can use both apps and not even think about them any more - best compliment I can give both Locale and Screebl Pro. I do have and use the plug in.

When I first got the Droid I tested Timeriffic and as long as my schedule / travel did not vary, the app worked great too. But as I have 3 - 4 offices / clients that I visit regularly, the Locale functionality rose to the top.