RIP Nexus 9

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
My Nexus 10 is perfect is for me. I actually use my tablet every day. I watch media, surf the internet, read books and news, shop, just about everything I do, except for real work, when I'm home happens on my tablet. My fingers and hands are too big to use my phone all of the time. My Nexus 6 even feels cramped when consuming media for long stretches of time.

Reaction score
The only time I ever take out and use my tablet is when I'm going on a trip and want to watch a movie. I'm still rocking a hacked out HP Touchpad demo model.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
The only time I ever take out and use my tablet is when I'm going on a trip and want to watch a movie. I'm still rocking a hacked out HP Touchpad demo model.

The only reason I picked one up. Going on vacation in June and figured it would be a good size to enjoy a movie on. Bought mine MUCH cheaper than what Google was asking for on swappa.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You buy a watch you only wear in certain situations. You buy a tablet to log perf stats.

And I thought I had expendable income. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have lots of it actually. Being single is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have money I can buy whatever I want, do what I want, etc. Loving life.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Having expendable income is nice, keeps mamma happy... Happy wife, Happy life is so true, just have to make sure my gifts to me don't get in the way of her gifts to me..., I mean to her, like the Samsung Galaxy Tablet...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Having expendable income is nice, keeps mamma happy... Happy wife, Happy life is so true, just have to make sure my gifts to me don't get in the way of her gifts to me..., I mean to her, like the Samsung Galaxy Tablet...

I'd do that. Oh you can't drive a manual car, guess I'll take it then.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'd do that. Oh you can't drive a manual car, guess I'll take it then.
LOL, that's a good one, except mine can... I'll just have to buy her a taller truck ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
LOL, that's a good one, except mine can... I'll just have to buy her a taller truck ;)

Then she'll just buy taller heels. Some women are cool. I've yet to find one.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I wonder if there are going to be any places that will have a fire sale on the Nexus 9. I wouldn't mind picking one up for cheap to use in the kitchen. I have a cheapie off-brand 9" tablet that I bought off Amazon for $40 (yes, forty). It does okay, for the most part but I typically see a lot of lag going back and forth between screens. I wouldn't mind something name brand to bump performance.

For me, a tablet is pretty handy in the kitchen. Bigger than my phone, easily readable...easier to read while preparing recipes.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Staples did for the Nexus 7. They might again

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Doubt it. More like a clearance sale in a few months.
I'm sure if there is, you'll hear about it at Droudforums first. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Doubt it. More like a clearance sale in a few months.
I'm sure if there is, you'll hear about it at Droudforums first. :)

Which would also be fine. I'm certainly not pressed for one, but should the opportunity arise, it would be a "nice to have" item for my purposes. I'm also one of those typically doesn't use a tablet...I have a couple of older laptop lying around that have more functionality. I did get a little spoiled at work though; up until recently I was using a Surface Pro 3 which was nice...wouldn't mind one of those for day-to-day use here at home. But the price tag for those is pretty steep. I turned the Surface in at work since I changed job roles and wouldn't be needing the tablet in the new role.