WSJ Reporting HTC & Google Team-Up for the Nexus 9 Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC_One_tab_concept_2.jpg

The above is simply a concept design found at the source indicated in the image.

For weeks we have been finding rumors detailing the upcoming partnership between HTC and Google on a Nexus-style tablet of some kind. For the most part, the general consensus is that the Nexus 9 tablet will be manufactured by HTC using NVIDIA internal hardware.

The newest report comes directly from the Wall Street Journal and seems to be solid confirmation of these rumors. According tot the WSJ,

HTC engineers have been flying to the Googleplex in Mountain View in recent months to work on the project, they said.

The WSJ report indicates that the two companies are developing a Nexus tablet together. From the way the report reads, it seems as if Google is striving to help strengthen HTC in the Android marketplace.

It's no secret that HTC has been struggling for years, despite some excellent products, like the HTC One M7 & M8. In fact, it's precisely because of the quality of the HTC One series that Google probably feels confident in HTC's ability to craft an excellent Android tablet. What would you think of an HTC Nexus tablet?

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Boy do i want this device but I have more and more not been using my tablet. My kids still love to use them (1st and 2nd gen Nexus 7) but with my Moto 360 and LG G3...I just never have a reason to pick it up anymore. But if it is in the style of the HTC M8 with front speakers, the amazing NVidia hardware....its so appetizing. Would my wife kill me....hmmm. Thats the biggest question honestly =D.

jspradling7

Reaction score
We're going to keep using the Samsung Nexus 10 until the wheels fall off. Love that thing.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
hmmmm looks like windows 8.1 to me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Galaxy Tab S 8.4....it's a beast. Will not buy a tablet with less than 3 gigs of ram, and also need to have an SD card.

I'm sure the Nexus tablet will run great....on Android L...but I expect it to come wih 2 gigs ram, maybe 32gigs storage, and no SD. That's a deal breaker.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP image updated.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If I didn't have the Samsung Pro 12.2 I would be all over this.

eclein

Reaction score
I also have note pro 12.2 but I may sell it as it doesn't get as much action as I thought it would. A Nexus device with a K1 made by HTC is a must for me. If it looks as sharp as my HTC one m7 and performs anything like this nexus 7.2 I'm using right now it's a winning combo I think. If I keep the note I'd get the new Nexus 9 anyway I think.... I'm totally geeking out since having to retire... LoL