Ringtones

OP
DroidUser11

DroidUser11

Reaction score
I don't even know how I can transfer music......I'm not stupid just I've never dealt w/ music,ringtones....etc.in previous phones. Thanks so much for your help!

jgumphress

Reaction score
Do a Google search for ringtones. There are thousands of tones for free download. Then drag and drop them to your SD card. You can also create your own by clipping sound bits from songs. As for free music, you already have Amazon MP3 app installed. Do a search for "free". Amazon gives away a lot of free albums and singles every week.

techRob

Reaction score
I don't even know how I can transfer music......I'm not stupid just I've never dealt w/ music,ringtones....etc.in previous phones. Thanks so much for your help!

1) Conenct your droid to your computer via USB cable
2) Slide the notification bar down (on the droid)
3) Click the "USB Connected" notification
4) Click Mount
** Depending on how your PC is setup, you should get a pop-up window saying "new media detected" (or something) - either way...

5) Open the folder / drive that corresponds to the phone
6) Create a folder called Media
a. Open the Media folder, and create a folder called Audio
b. Inside the Audio folder create a folder called Music
7) Copy over your personal MP3s from your computer to the Music folder
8) Once you have the music you want on your phone, close out any open windows that correspond to the droid sdcard (most likely just the one window with the Music folder displayed)...
9) Use the "Safely Remove device" application on your computer to "eject" the Motorola device (assuming it's a DROID)
10) Upon successful completion of step 9, pull down the notification bar on your droid
11) Click Turn off USB Storage
12) Click Turn Off

..give it a few seconds and you can disconnect the phone from the comptuer if you like. Either way, you should now have an sdcard on your phone complete with your personal MP3s. The music apps (including Ringdroid) should automatically find them. If not, just remember the location of the folders you created, and where you dumped your music at, and use the application to browse to them.

**The folder structure I suggested to make is nothing more than a suggestion - granted a very good one for organization purposes. What I did, was have various subfolders inside the media folder (such as videos, and pictures). Inside the Audio folder, aside from music, I also have alarms, notifications, and ringtones. Believe it or not, the Android OS actually recognizes these folders as their named - so if you want to use a full blown 5min MP3 as an alarm in the morning, copy it over to the "alarms" folder (media -> audio -> alarms). I'm giving you more info than you asked for, but Im fairly certain the question(s) would arise sooner or later ;)

OP
DroidUser11

DroidUser11

Reaction score

1) Conenct your droid to your computer via USB cable
2) Slide the notification bar down (on the droid)
3) Click the "USB Connected" notification
4) Click Mount
** Depending on how your PC is setup, you should get a pop-up window saying "new media detected" (or something) - either way...

5) Open the folder / drive that corresponds to the phone
6) Create a folder called Media
a. Open the Media folder, and create a folder called Audio
b. Inside the Audio folder create a folder called Music
7) Copy over your personal MP3s from your computer to the Music folder
8) Once you have the music you want on your phone, close out any open windows that correspond to the droid sdcard (most likely just the one window with the Music folder displayed)...
9) Use the "Safely Remove device" application on your computer to "eject" the Motorola device (assuming it's a DROID)
10) Upon successful completion of step 9, pull down the notification bar on your droid
11) Click Turn off USB Storage
12) Click Turn Off

..give it a few seconds and you can disconnect the phone from the comptuer if you like. Either way, you should now have an sdcard on your phone complete with your personal MP3s. The music apps (including Ringdroid) should automatically find them. If not, just remember the location of the folders you created, and where you dumped your music at, and use the application to browse to them.

**The folder structure I suggested to make is nothing more than a suggestion - granted a very good one for organization purposes. What I did, was have various subfolders inside the media folder (such as videos, and pictures). Inside the Audio folder, aside from music, I also have alarms, notifications, and ringtones. Believe it or not, the Android OS actually recognizes these folders as their named - so if you want to use a full blown 5min MP3 as an alarm in the morning, copy it over to the "alarms" folder (media -> audio -> alarms). I'm giving you more info than you asked for, but Im fairly certain the question(s) would arise sooner or later ;)

Wow,Thankyou VERY much for your help. :icon_ banana:

OP
DroidUser11

DroidUser11

Reaction score
Do a Google search for ringtones. There are thousands of tones for free download. Then drag and drop them to your SD card. You can also create your own by clipping sound bits from songs. As for free music, you already have Amazon MP3 app installed. Do a search for "free". Amazon gives away a lot of free albums and singles every week.

Thankyou! I will really look into this when my droid comes in soon :) One question though, Amazon sends the free tones to your phone right ? Do You have to connect it with a USB cord or anything to transfer them to your phone ? dancedroid

techRob

Reaction score
There should be an Amazon MP3 app on your phone. If you download any music using the app on your phone, it will save it to your sdcard on your phone. :)