Random Ringtone??

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is such a weird thing, let me describe it. I've been using DroidMod since it was released, and Sholes since I got my phone about 2 months ago. Last night I flashed to UltimateDroid6.5, but went back to DroidMod1.0 (dont know if that's related).

Either way, when anyone who doesnt have a specific ringtone assocated with them calls, it seems to pick a random song from my Music directory and play it as the ringtone. When I check the default ringtone, none of the options are selected, and I have to re-select the ringtone I want.

None of these issues happened before last night, and my Ringtones folder only has the songs I want as ringtones in it.

Usually this would be kinda cool, rotating random ringtones, but Slipknot happening in a board meeting makes me look really really bad....

Thanks again in advance.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL I had the same thing happen to me 2Pac started played when my phone rang... it isn't in my ringtone folder on my sdcard but it IS in the media/audio/music folder on my sdcard. only thing I can think of was to just reassign my " Pants on the Ground" ringtone.

-=Jason=-

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's weird because it happened twice, once last night, and once today...

c1im8er

Reaction score
Any updates?

Hi,

This has begun happening to me recently on a non-rooted 2.1 droid. Any updates on causes/fixes for this?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Upon going to "Phone ringtone" in the "Sound & display settings" menu I found that no default ringtone was selected (didn't know this was possible). All of the radio buttons were de-selected. Is it possible that one of the music programs on my phone hijacked my default ringtone? Currently I have installed: doubleTwist, mSpot, and of course the stock player. I've reset a default ringtone so I'll update this post if it changes anything upon receiving calls.