Noob needs help

Pineapple

Reaction score
Hello all-great looking forum.:icon_ banana:
I have GPS coorordinates and would like to enter them into the Navigator but cant figure out on how to do it. Do I need to convert them or something? They are N 32 58.440 W 115 10.565
Also, I got a text from a friend that has a sound that I want to save and use as a ringtone. I figured out hoe to save the Mp3 file into the SD card but don't know how to acces it and save for ringtone.
Thanks in advance!:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you about your location, but as far as using your MP3 you can do that with an app called Ringroid. It's in the Market.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have GPS coorordinates and would like to enter them into the Navigator but cant figure out on how to do it. Do I need to convert them or something? They are N 32 58.440 W 115 10.565
Also, I got a text from a friend that has a sound that I want to save and use as a ringtone. I figured out hoe to save the Mp3 file into the SD card but don't know how to acces it and save for ringtone.

I used the car home and for the final location I entered

N 32 58.440, W 115 10.565

and it was able to read that. hope it works for you too

boatman2220

Reaction score
First thing is to get a file manager like Astro from the Market. It's free. You need that to find the file. OR, connect the phone with USB, mount the phone, create folders named Ringtone, Notification , Alarm, and Wallpaper. Drag and drop these folders into your memory card. then place what you want into the folders. Unmount the phone and reboot it. The phone will now find it. What ever you save as a download will be found in "download" you can use Astro to open and move the files.

OP
Pineapple

Pineapple

Reaction score
Thanks for that! I'm sure that will work once I actually put a SD card in the dam phone-DOH! lol Told ya I was a noob....:mad:
This was so easy to do in my 4 year old "dumb" phone. This "smart" phone really means the user needs to be smart!
I'm so glad I found this forum!:)

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Thanks for that! I'm sure that will work once I actually put a SD card in the dam phone-DOH! lol Told ya I was a noob....:mad:
This was so easy to do in my 4 year old "dumb" phone. This "smart" phone really means the user needs to be smart!

Your phone didn't come with a 16GB SD card? I thought all Droids were shipped from the factory with them? And if you managed to save that MP3 file you were talking about -- where did you save it, if you don't have an SD card in there?

OP
Pineapple

Pineapple

Reaction score

Your phone didn't come with a 16GB SD card? I thought all Droids were shipped from the factory with them? And if you managed to save that MP3 file you were talking about -- where did you save it, if you don't have an SD card in there?

Well now I'm confused...when I saved the file it said saved to SD card. I installed Atsro and had it look into SD card and it says no file found. When I press the camera button it says to "Please insert an SD card before using camera".
So I just thought I need to get one.....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well now I'm confused...when I saved the file it said saved to SD card. I installed Atsro and had it look into SD card and it says no file found. When I press the camera button it says to "Please insert an SD card before using camera".
So I just thought I need to get one.....

Pull the back cover off your phone (after a power down), pull the battery, and see if there's actually an SD card there. There should be. If your camera still doesn't recognize you have an SD card, try reformatting the SD card and see if that helps.

OP
Pineapple

Pineapple

Reaction score
OK there is a 16mb SD card in there. I removed and reinserted it and now Astro sees it and I was able to save as ringtone! I also got Handcent SMS and was able to save sounds and oics sent to me on TMS.
THANK YOU ALL for the help!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK there is a 16mb SD card in there. I removed and reinserted it and now Astro sees it and I was able to save as ringtone! I also got Handcent SMS and was able to save sounds and oics sent to me on TMS.
Maybe the card just came loose and wasn't getting a good connection. Who knows... but glad you got it working :icon_ banana:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Maybe the card just came loose and wasn't getting a good connection. Who knows... but glad you got it working :icon_ banana:

Or maybe you had it mounted as a USB storage device? You can't have your computer recognizing it as an external USB drive and use the SD card for phone-operations at the same time. If you try, the phone will complain that there's no SD card in there.