Ringback tones

I

iesous2

I need help installing the ringtones that play when someone calls your phone and they hear music istead of ring tones. Anyone got an App or set up directions?

Pinshooter

Reaction score
Serious Disapointment...

I have Verizon's Ringback Tones. They control that in the network. As far as I know, there is no way to put that into a phone by itself. If you find a way, please post it. Ninety nine cents a month is allot to have a caller hear music instead of rings.

lockman

Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached. " Worst invention ever!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm sick of hearing "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached. " Worst invention ever!

or listening to a poor choice of music.....

82bohica

Reaction score
Using the DROID you are obviously on Verizon (today anyway)... log into your VZW account and you can browse and setup your ringback tone(s) from there.

As for the horrible song selection, that is your friends choice, if you don't like it, don't call them, make them call you. That has nothing to do with the phone, network, or an application.

I personally love my setup for ringback tones... You can set it up like ringtones on your phone, so certain people hear certain songs... or you can set up a cycle of songs so you don't just have 1 to cycle through. You can even set it up so there is one ringback tone per day of the week. I found these options great, but a bit expensive for my taste (.99 per song of course). However, I chose one song (Cake - Never There), and I set the "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached" to be in Spanish instead of English..... keep in mind I don't speak Spanish... so I get a lot of hang up calls, it is a great way to weed out those who don't really want to talk to you lol.

droiddoesit

Reaction score
Changing Ringback Tones

Manage your Ringback Tones at:
www.vzw.com/rbt
select "Manage" pulldown
select "My Ringback Tones"
Login

The greeting at the start may be turned off or toggled between English or Spanish.

Like another poster, I use jukeboxes to keep things fresh for my callers. You get a discount when you buy them versus buying them a la carte.

Price of $0.99/month is less than another provider I used to have and the catalog is huge. I set it up to play a mooing cow for my wife, for example.. smart I might not be.. lol.

Rock on!

chev64

Reaction score
I just tried the VZN media site and picked and purchased the ringback tones. They never showed up on my DROID. I called VZN customer support and was told they do not support the DROID for ringback tones and I would have to use an app from market place!!
Any help is appreciated!

chev64

Reaction score
I have searched every forum I can find and no one seems to know how to use ringback tones on the DROID. Not ringtones, ringback tones. The Zerizon Store says they do not support this option for DROID. Any suggestions?
TIA

JamesX

Reaction score
Isn't that something provided by your wireless provider? I know Verizon charges for it, not sure if it is something your phone does or your provider do.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful :) try calling your wireless provider's tech support number.

Pinshooter

Reaction score
Ringback tones don't "Show Up" on your phone. They are only heard or used when someone calls you. That's what they hear instead of a 'ring' on the phone. I have had them for two years, and on my Droid since I got it in November.... Everytime someone calls me they hear one of three 'James Brown' Classics! There is nothing on my phone to indicate I have them, I manage or change them over the internet.

chev64

Reaction score
I guess because the DROID does not support "Get It Now" Verizon apps, Verizon wont be much help. My friends miss the songs my old phone plays. There has to be something or some way to change that plain old ringing.

chev64

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage them over the internet? I used to be able to do it on my last phone thru the Verizon Media Store.