need help with ringback tone

buckman

Reaction score
hello all, I am new to the forum and I would like to see if someone can help me figure out and little issue that has come up? Today I called Verizon to see if I can change the ring back tone that a caller will hear when they called my phone. They told me that I could go to the Google Play Store and download an app that will allow me to change my ringback tone. However what I would like to do is install ringback tone from a list of songs or audio clips that I have in my phone opposed to only having to use the choices that they offer. Basically what I'm looking to do is make an audio recording that says this call may be recorded. Then use that with some music immediately after the message as my ringback tone. Does anyone know how I can actually accomplish this? most if not all the apps that I looked at either had really bad reviews or were set up so that I could listen to music instead of hearing the normal ringing when I made a call. I am looking for this to be something that someone else hears when they call me. Can anyone help??

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i could be wrong, but i didnt think that was possible.
you have to use "verizon tones" which should already be installed on your device, and they will charge you $0.99 a month for each one you use.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Verizon ringback tones exist on Verizon's side of the service, not your phone. Basically, Verizon is the one playing the ringback tone for your caller, it has nothing to do with your actual phone. Unfortunately, this means you're limited to whatever selection they want to provide to you.

I'm afraid what you're looking to do, is impossible :sad:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The two replies are right on. You cannot make a custom ringback tone.