Ringback tones

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
I just tried the VZN media site and picked and purchased the ringback tones. They never showed up on my DROID. I called VZN customer support and was told they do not support the DROID for ringback tones and I would have to use an app from market place!!
Any help is appreciated!

Probably thought you were talking about actual ringtones...

lovekmats

Reaction score
You'll need to manage your ringback tones via the Verizon website. Just log into the Verizon site under Entertainment and Apps, and go to the Ringback tones and you can buy and manage them there.

Pinshooter

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage them over the internet? I used to be able to do it on my last phone thru the Verizon Media Store.

Go to Verizonwireless.com and sign up for online management of your wireless account. You can pay your bill there, check your usage, make changes to your account, and manage your Ringback Tones.....

dperk

Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached. " Worst invention ever!

I'm pretty sure that you can change the settings somewhere to get rid of that... I'll look into it and get back to you on this.

droiddoesit

Reaction score
Managing Ringbacks & Caller Greeting

Chev64,

Ringback tones are not downloaded to your phone. They reside in the network where they are played back to callers. The $0.99 is undoubtedly to pay for all those media servers. So... the only place to get them is VZW. On my old phone I could manage them via the VZW Tones application, but it doesn't appear to be available on the Droid. The only place on the phone I found is the mobile browser store (s.vzw.com/home). But, in my opinion, the VZW mediastore (www.vzw.com/mediastore) on the web is a much better experience.

1. Navigate to www.vzw.com/mediastore
2. Select a pulldown at the top of the page that says "Manage"
3. Select "Ringback Tones" from the Manage menu
4. Manage your ringbacks from there.

Note to an earlier poster, you can turn off your caller greeting (i.e. "Please wait while your party is reached") at the top right of the manage ringbacks page. Look carefully -- the button is grayed out because they must not expect most people to use it.

Happy Ringbacking.

droiddoesit

Reaction score
Visual Voicemail as replacement for Ringbacks??

DJ Smooth suggested Visual Voicemail by YouMail above. I just checked it out and am not following...

Visual Voicemail is from Verizon -- and good product, but not a replacement for Ringback Tones as far as I can tell...
Calling Features: Visual Voice Mail

YouMail is a voicemail product, not a ringback tone product.

dakidx

Reaction score
ok so i have a droid and i am in a family plan...
the problem i am facing is that when i manage the ringtones online for the droid it takes effect on the main phone line and not my droid's line....
does anyone know what im doing wrong??

conbob21

Reaction score
Ok so I just got the droid x and when I tried to set the ringback tones it says system error. I don't even hear the classical tone when I call my phone. Is this a normal issue for the Droid X?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok so I just got the droid x and when I tried to set the ringback tones it says system error. I don't even hear the classical tone when I call my phone. Is this a normal issue for the Droid X?

How did you try to set your ringback tone? The only way to do that is by logging into your account online or through Verizons app in the market...and that shouldnt be a problem.

I have had no problem with my ringback tone working on my DX...you might need to call Verizon and have them take a look...

conbob21

Reaction score
Yeah I resubscribed using the app and it decided to work now. Lucky me!