Ridiculous car mounts, magnets?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
So i've been looking around trying to find a car mount that i like, and it seems like every one is unnecessarily huge and completely ridiculous looking. I just want an extremely small, simple, yet sturdy mount. I looked at the tetrax, which would be great, but it turned out to be like 40 bucks, which seems crazy for how small it is. Unless someone finds it cheaper?

But anyways, to the point of my post, i can just make one for next to nothing by getting a rear snap on case and a couple rare earth magnets, then attaching one to the rear or the case. What i want to know, is there going to be a problem with having such a strong magnet so close to the back of my phone? I got the Dinc. i donno if it could mess up the screen or something.

Justinappi

Reaction score
I use the Cellet magnetic phone mount...... It fits your requirements as stated. I love mine... Look for it on Amazon.com

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Justinappi

Reaction score
Did I mention that its only $ 6 plus shipping?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Hmm. That's not half bad. Still might do it my way tho cuz I can mount a magnet behind the dash and on my case then not have any visible mounts. They're strong enough to do that easily. But does anyone know if it'll mess with my screen or anything?

Backjudge

Reaction score
Magnets will kill hard drives. I do not know if it will affect your Droid but I would be extremely careful with them. Backup anything you have before trying this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Magnets will kill hard drives. I do not know if it will affect your Droid but I would be extremely careful with them. Backup anything you have before trying this.

Every dock made has magnets. It will not kill the or harm your Droid..

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Every dock made has magnets. It will not kill the or harm your Droid..

the magnets in the mounts are very low powered magnets.... a larger magnet like he is talking about will defiantly do damage.

champaned_out

Reaction score
i believe magnets dont effect flash drives especially something as low powered as a car mount

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score

I'm not quite seeing how that thing works....

Maybe it would be ads if I didn't mount the magnet directly to the case but just the dash and leave a small piece of metal on the case. Seems to be how a lot of the magnetic mounts you buy are.

Sent from my ADR6300

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i've been looking around trying to find a car mount that i like, and it seems like every one is unnecessarily huge and completely ridiculous looking. I just want an extremely small, simple, yet sturdy mount. I looked at the tetrax, which would be great, but it turned out to be like 40 bucks, which seems crazy for how small it is. Unless someone finds it cheaper?
Well, you get what you pay for. Strong and sturdy and small and simple tend to be in opposition to each other so determine which takes priority for you.

Personally, I always use ProClip's mounts. If you think a $40 mount is very expensive I can't wait to hear what you think of ProClip's mounts... :laugh:

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
No 40 bucks isn't expensive. But for a simple magnet 40 bucks is ridiculous unless you feel like being a sucker and paying for it... or even more for whatever one you bought.

Or you could go my route and spend 3 dollars on magnets and now I have an extremely stable mount with absolutely nothing showning on my dash. It just sticks right to it. So if you wanna spend your money on something marked up several hundred percent from what it cost to make be my guest. I'll stick with the more logical route....

Sent from my ADR6300

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I bought a simple pepboys type s mount for 11.99. I swear I just need to put a pic of it to my photobucket since I have a hard time locating it for these threads. It is a vent mount or sticky dash mount ( I vent mount mine) it is a 4 point spring loaded tension grip, it swivels for both landscape and vertical mount....no magnet but thos can be added. I don't like magnets so I'm content. I'll look for a pic later at home

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I bought a simple pepboys type s mount for 11.99. I swear I just need to put a pic of it to my photobucket since I have a hard time locating it for these threads. It is a vent mount or sticky dash mount ( I vent mount mine) it is a 4 point spring loaded tension grip, it swivels for both landscape and vertical mount....no magnet but thos can be added. I don't like magnets so I'm content. I'll look for a pic later at home

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

That sounds like something I'd be interested in thanks man. I'll check it out

Sent from my ADR6300