DEAL: Magnetic Air Vent Car Mounts For SmartPhones

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
71n5P8bFU7L._SL1500_.jpg

Smartphones do some pretty incredible things these days. We no longer have the need for standalone GPS units, CD players, dvd players, laptops, you can pretty much do everything on your cell phone. Having all of these things so easily accessible on such a small device make this the perfect tech for your car. If you use your phone in your car you need a great mount. There are huge bulky mounts with sandbags that sit on your dash. There are suction cup mounts that latch on to your windshield. There are even mounts that grip the inside of your CD player. The only problem with all of these is that they require a big clip to hold your phone. This can be cumbersome and difficult especially when you are trying to leave quickly.

There is another option. Magnetic car mounts are the most convenient way to mount your phone in your car. These mounts clip to your air vent and have a magnet quickly grabs the included metal plate that you stick to your phone with a removable adhesive. If you want to give it a try now is the time as there are a few popular brands on super sale. Grab one from the link below.

Ramkon Magnetic Car Mount $4.99 with coupon code QEPK9F2W
TechMatte MagGrip Magnetic Car Mount $5.99 with coupon code ITQU3C2L

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's extremely affordable. I was really concerned about the cost and quality, but surprisingly both of these got really good reviews. My SO paid $60 for her Logitech brand (about 8-9 months ago) for both the case & the mount. The case is where the lionshare of the cost comes from.
This is an awesome way to mount a device in your vehicle, so if you're looking for a great unobtrusive car mount, this is a great option at an amazing price.
Thanks DMX!

S5 tap'n

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The magnet doesn't disrupt any of the sensors or other hardware in the device? That would be my biggest concern.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Nope, no disruption at all. That said, we haven't tried using a compass app on it while it's attached to the magnet. I know @FoxKat mentioned this concern on another thread about a month ago, but we haven't looked into that one. Mainly because there's no need for a compass where we drive, plus the rear view mirror on our vehicle displays the temp & compass reading. I can tell you with all certainty that it won't affect any GPS apps or rotating of the device in any direction. It's just a simple unobtrusive method to display your device, if you're not a fan of window or dash mounts.

S5 tap'n

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great deal, but not for me. It covers a vent and more importantly would most likely cover my driver's side vent.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the plate have the capability to work if put inside the phone?
I just don't see me and a metal plate stuck to the outer back of my phone working out so well.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I love this setup.
Here is my setup, on a clear case for the S5.
df3c35dd64b17c454e2fd667db4071bd.jpg

5405fdf1cfe7511eaac495b7d868f793.jpg

And yes thank you Shane/DMX for the information. You rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
@Efin, how thin is the magnet that is attached to your clear case?

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's the steel plate, the white is the backing for the adhesive, it's just floating there now as I change cases on occasion and am able to move the plate. The magnates are in the round holder on the dash...
I just ordered another one for my truck and the wife's car too.
I also found the code on the second unit above, TechMatte, gives the correct price noted, but the first ones final price was higher than noted...

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The magnet doesn't disrupt any of the sensors or other hardware in the device? That would be my biggest concern.
The magnate doesn't affect anything that I've seen, and I've been using mine for several months.
BUT... If you have a Qi charging tab installed on the battery/back, like my S5, you have to pop off the case/remove the metal panel to charge the phone. This is easy with the thin case I have in the picture as it's simple to remove.
Not sure if 8th might affect the Qi of the S6 or Nexus phones.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks @Efin. Not applying the adhesive makes sense especially if the metal plate does not affect how the case fits your phone. I think that is exactly what I'd do. So much more convenient than trying to squeeze your phone into the clamps/fittings of traditional mounts.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Efin. Not applying the adhesive makes sense especially if the metal plate does not affect how the case fits your phone. I think that is exactly what I'd do. So much more convenient than trying to squeeze your phone into the clamps/fittings of traditional mounts.

I have a clamping type, vent mount in the truck as my typical now, and will use it when driving off road as it's a positive clamp for the big jarring bumps, but this one is so convenient, simply lay the phone on it, and the phone does not move. The plate is also very thin.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The Logitech brand my SO purchased came with a case for her S5 that had a "built in" metal plate, as well as a spare metal plate that could be applied to the inside of a second case. The magnet is strong enough so that you can apply it to the inside of a case, which provides a much cleaner look overall.

S5 tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Logitech brand my SO purchased came with a case for her S5 that had a "built in" metal plate, as well as a spare metal plate that could be applied to the inside of a second case. The magnet is strong enough so that you can apply it to the inside of a case, which provides a much cleaner look overall.

S5 tap'n
As pictured these products come with 2 plates as well. The one I use now has a different name, certainly one original manufacturer, developed into others products.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Thanks! Grabbed another one. My setup is similar to Efin. My S5 wears a Spigen Neo Hybrid bumper case, so taking out it out to put in a dedicated TPU case is 2-3 steps process. So what I did is use my old iOttie easy smart tap mount. Took out the part that mounts, which I am glad that it's simply a slide and release, no need to cut it out. Then just used the clamp that holds the phone and applied the circular adhesive metal as seen below.

b4a745e6f0918f42f43865d0730d7441.jpg

873ea02a2afd1d75a98d6dd1bbea7a48.jpg

No need to take out my phone case. If I dont need to use it, I just put it back to my center console. I do have the TechMatte and the magnet is very strong. And I went this route because I have a Qi wireless card reciver on the back.