Ribbon broken, dead screen, USB Debugging off. X.X Recovery help.

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by HigeJMT, Jan 18, 2013.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. HigeJMT

HigeJMT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright folks, I've got a Droid 4 that decided to commit harakiri using a hotel door card and split it's ribbon cable from the screen. I've currently got debug mode off(turned it off a week ago for some reason X.X), screen pattern unlock and it's got some su access(but has the stock rom for reverse tethering/screen sharing, but that was only functional with debugging access. There are no lights on the screen, no vibe when it powers up, but I know it's powering up due to the fact the "Motocast drive" askes that I install motocast.
    -Motocast does nothing, and neither do other suggested apps for access to the internal memory as most ask for debugging to be on.
    -Lapdock 100 fast blinks at me in an annoyed fashion, knowing what I've done to it's friend.
    -HDMI mini cable does nothing.

I'd like to recover the data off the phone in some fashion before I have to send it back. I've got a "new" phone for reference, but I can't get past the screen lock or debug issue.

If anyone has any insight, that would be awesome.

EDIT: This isn't a LMGTFY since I've looked over the forums and internet as best as I can, but nothing is matching the keywords.
Search tags for this page

android broken screen enable usb debugging

broken screen enable usb debugging

dead screen android need usb debugging

enable usb debugging with broken screen

galaxy s4 broken screen debugging

how to enable usb debugging with broken screen

how to retrieve info from phone when debug is turned off
screen broken usb debug

usb debugging broken screen

usb debugging mode enable broken