Rezound vs Razr for PDF view and HDMI connection.

colorado4wheel

Reaction score
I am in the middle of deciding on a new phone. I currently have a BlackBerry Bold and kind of hate it. I can’t get into Gmail Calendar. I have multiple work calendars I need to access on my phone. The other uses of the phone would be for me to browse the internet while at a client’s home so that I can create quotes for products via a website quote system. So I need a good browser. I also want to be able to download PDF presentations to the phone and send it to a HDMI TV input. Current I view them on a computer using Nuance PDF reader 6.0. I am not sure if any phone can do this and I don’t know how I would use the phone to scroll from page to page. I am thinking of the Razr or the Rezound. I really don’t like the size of the Razr. I am currently using Verizon but can switch to T-Mobil pretty soon if I want. I am leaning with staying with Verizon so the Razr and Rezound seem most likely. So that is the background info of what I want to do. Here are the questions/concerns.

RAZR seems huge to me. I don’t really like the feel of it in my hand because it’s so wide. But it’s hard to really tell attached to a stupid tether at the store. Besides that it seems the logical choice. I could use MotoCast for my work stuff pretty easily. HDMI out is easy and it has Mirroring. I don’t know if it can do what Nuance PDF Reader does (I sure hope it can, and I hope you swipe from page to page using the touchscreen). It has 32MB total. One download of the PDF is about 3MB. I just don’t like the width.

Rezound doesn’t have Mirroring but apparently it can be done anyway. Not sure if there is a difference between what it does vs what the Razr does when projecting on a TV. They seem the same despite the advertising. Rezound only has 16mb of memory. Not sure if I can improve on this and how much that might cost. Not sure if it’s as good of a choice for my needs. Everyone is telling me to get a Razr but I don’t know why as they both seem to have a version of mirroring.
So if people know about using a PDF reader on the phone, broadcasting to a TV using HDMI in some way and information about the Rezound and using more memory . Will they both handle Gmail Calendars the same way? I know the features of the screens, etc. They all seem more then fine to me. I just want it to work properly for work. I hope it’s OK to post this in both forums to get a fair response from people on both sides.

androidgeek

Reaction score
Sounds like a tablet better fits your needs. I agree with you on the Razr being too big, I didn't like it either. Grabbed the Rezound and haven't put it down. I'd consider a tablet to tag along with a Rezound. I carry my xoom around everywhere and don't mind it a bit. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
C

colorado4wheel

Reaction score
Well, I need a phone to handle my calanders as my first step now. Maybe a tablet would be a good idea in the future.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I would also look at a tablet as well, but would like to say that Google docs and PDF viewer is either stock or available in the market. Also, the resounded is 16 gig built in plus a 16 gig card, that can be changed for a 32 gig card.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.