Rezound Turning Off Randomly

isaac325

Reaction score
Help! Purchased my Rezound about a month ago. Worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Then started having issues where the phone would just turn off on its own randomly. Battery life isn't the issue as it happens whether the charge is full, half, or almost empty. At first, it would only happen while the phone is asleep. Now it's happening occasionally when I'm on the phone talking. Took it to Best Buy where I purchased the phone. They recommended Factory Reset but the issue hasn't been resolved. I suspected as much since it seems like this is an issue with the hardware/phone itself and not the OS. Anyone else having similar issues?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try taking your battery out and cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser. Make sure that the phone contact springs aren't bent either.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

mmiillkkaa

Reaction score
I had that problem. Try this:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
It will open test menu;
Go to Phone Information
Go to the radio choices and choose "CDMA + LTE/EvDO"

If this doesn't work, it's probably a hardware problem or an angry app.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

DownRiver_Droid

Reaction score
Are you using an extended battery? I have two of them and just realized they both randomly turn my phone off. Sometimes it is from even the slightest bump to the phone. My standard battery does not do this, but I can't last a full day on it. I just received a CLNR and it does the same thing, that's how I made the connection. Making a trip to the VZW store today. Taking my old phone since it it back to S-ON and all stocked up again.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Yes, im using an extended battery and I never had that problem.Are they both HTC extended batteries? Does the cover fit right? My cover doesn't snap on as tight as the standard cover but it holds.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory Data Reset. I'm beginning to see a pattern with HTC and this issue. My wife has had to reset her Bionic twice.

Vut don't make too much of a big deal about it. Factory data reset will restore all your paid apps, sometimes it restores all apps, sometimes it restores most apps. I've done a few myself so that's why I say that. Technically it's not suppose to restore anything but your paid apps and even then you are suppose to go to the toy store, play center, whatever they call the Market and reinstall. But it doesn't always work that way.

VidJunky

Reaction score
Help! Purchased my Rezound about a month ago. Worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Then started having issues where the phone would just turn off on its own randomly. Battery life isn't the issue as it happens whether the charge is full, half, or almost empty. At first, it would only happen while the phone is asleep. Now it's happening occasionally when I'm on the phone talking. Took it to Best Buy where I purchased the phone. They recommended Factory Reset but the issue hasn't been resolved. I suspected as much since it seems like this is an issue with the hardware/phone itself and not the OS. Anyone else having similar issues?

By any chance do you Facebook on your device? I bet you do. If so, or if not, I would say try these two things and you'll be good for a while until it creeps back up.
Pull down the notification bar change to quick settings>total memory. See what's running. Some stuff will be open whether you've opened them or not if you're stock, I'm guessing you are. If there are a lot of things open kill some stuff and see if you can use the phone for awhile without it shutting down on you.

I would do this regardless of what you find in the other step. If you're going to Facebook I would do it often.
Menu>SD & phone storage>Make more space(the lower one, not the first one, why would you name two different things the same thing? Anyway...) select all applications then hit next. You can do the other two steps if you want while you're in there, why not.