1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Silly Flashlight Issue/Question

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by a_bug, Apr 27, 2012.

1. a_bug

a_bug New Member

Fellow Rezounders;

I am rooted, and running Stock GB.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (or did something stupid). I've installed a few of the 'Flashlight' or 'Torch' application onto my Rezound (Nexus Torch, TeslaLED, etc). I do like using my phone as a flashlight in many situations.

However I've noticed that when the screen itself turns off (either by timing out, or manually), the flashlight turns off too. This is very bothersome as I then need to keep turning it back on and/or I accidentally keep hitting icons on my home page(s).

Now with my old D1 this didn't happen. I don't know if maybe I've installed something, or changed a setting that's causing this to happen, or if its a Rezound issue or not.

I could have sworn this didn't happen when I first got my phone (about two months ago), but since then I've wiped it twice (I had that silly reboot loop/4G issue until I learned to remove the back or change the connect to 4G on boot setting).

I would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions

Thanks in Advance;

A (in the dark) Bug :)
    [/QUOTE]

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
  2. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

I use the flashlight (Droidlight) that uses the camera's flash and not the main screen for light. Never had a problem with it.
  3. Lownignitus

Lownignitus New Member

In the droid 1 days moto released a moto device specific app called "Droidlight" names changed recently i think. From what i heard its working on the nexus.

It uses the camera led and stays on for 5 mins at a time. Even when screen times out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  4. a_bug

a_bug New Member

I figured it Out (Kinda)

Thanks everyone for their help and advice on this minor (yet annoying) issue.

I'm not sure how exactly I fixed it but I did. I think I may have had a 'battery saving' program installed that was inhibiting the flashlight function when the screen was off.

I removed a few programs and checked my settings in the the one(s) I had left. I also tried tiny flashlight +LED, and found it works perfectly.

I did find like most of you mentioned that it does turn off for a second when you turn the screen off, but then comes back on (much better than before). I can live with this, and I love the 'shake to turn on in Lock mode' that tiny flashlight has. . . except when I'm playing with my 2 1/2 yearold twin boys and the light randomly turns on. But it doesn't happen often.

Anyway, I'm all good, and thanks again for helping me resolve this issue.

What would I do with out my Rezouding Friends.

A (lit) Bug [​IMG]

5. fivaxis

fivaxis New Member

Mine is stock and I have droidlight, as soon as the screen turns off the flashlight turns off too.
  6. Lownignitus

Lownignitus New Member

Hmmm odd the droidlight stays on for 5 period in my bionic. And my screen times out at 2 mins.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

does the droid razr m have a flashlight

droid dna flashlight

droidlight turns off

flashlight keeps coming on galaxy s3

flashlight keeps turning on android

flashlight turn off when screen turn off in android

galaxy s3 flash light problem

galaxy s3 flashlight bug

galaxy s4 flashlight randomly turns on

how to fix flashlight on galaxy s3