Rezound or nexus?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should be obvious everybody will say Rezound since you posted this here. Like walking into a Chevy dealer and asking Ford vs Chevy

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thrgk said:
was the issue with dropped calls and bad reception fixed on the nexus? or still are known issues.

It still has slight issues.. but for me.. they're very rare now.. once I updated to the latest radios the issue is pretty much gone..
I'll just say this to the op... I love my gnex.. I wouldn't take any other phone out there above it..Haha.. it's a hacker/modder dream phone

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Reaction score
brad92 said:
It should be obvious everybody will say Rezound since you posted this here. Like walking into a Chevy dealer and asking Ford vs Chevy

I disagree....I find the peeps on these forums to be pretty up front and honest. Plus many have had the nexus and switched to rezound. It's just a better phone in manys opinions.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Post this in the Nexus forum and I assure you that you'll hear the exact opposite. I know this because of the obnoxious amount of threads on nexus vs RAZR or RAZR vs Rezound etc. back when the phones were initially released. The best thing to do is go to the store and try both phones out and see which you prefer. Everyone has different needs and desires in a phone so pick the phone which suits your needs best.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree....I find the peeps on these forums to be pretty up front and honest. Plus many have had the nexus and switched to rezound. It's just a better phone in manys opinions.

I'd say you're wrong. Look at what phone the people responded have. Not to mention the fact that most people with a GNEX aren't gonna see this thread because its in a Rezound section. Post this same thread in the GNEX section and I guarantee you that the majority will say to get the Nexus over the Rezound.

I'm not hating on the Rezound (even though I think it feels like you're holding a giant bar of soap), but I'm just stating the facts. The OP should do some research and go look at both phones.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I think you should buy both phones.

Then do exhaustive tests and comparisons.

Post your results.
Include color charts.

You will enjoy it.

When all done, sell the phone you don't want anymore.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I think you should buy both phones.

Then do exhaustive tests and comparisons.

Post your results.
Include color charts.

You will enjoy it.

When all done, sell the phone you don't want anymore.
And with a PowerPoint presentation... don't forget that, no comparison is complete without it.

Seriously though, the truth is there is no "best phone" out there, but there is a "best phone for you" and how that is determined by each individual in different ways. The best bet is to go to the local VZW Store or reseller, and try them out for a while, spend some time doing your research on the features and functions that are important to you, and most places have a 30 day "Oops, I got the wrong one" policy and even if it is $30 it is better than being stuck for 2 years with something you will be using every single day. Remember that you will most likely be stuck with this device for the next 18-24 months, so make your choice wisely and for the right reasons.

Then again, they all make phone calls, do texting, and browse the web... so who cares, just get the first one the salesperson throws at you! :icon_ devil:

acousticshade

Reaction score
patmw123 said:
Post this in the Nexus forum and I assure you that you'll hear the exact opposite. I know this because of the obnoxious amount of threads on nexus vs RAZR or RAZR vs Rezound etc. back when the phones were initially released. The best thing to do is go to the store and try both phones out and see which you prefer. Everyone has different needs and desires in a phone so pick the phone which suits your needs best.

Yup, I would agree. I originally wanted to buy the nexus, but after trying out all 3, I found that the rezound was the phone for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The deciding factor for me was how it fit in my hand. Seriously. Got my Rezound when the Nexus first came out.
They're both so last year already.
Best Buy has the Nexus for free right now fwiw.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I made a personal pros and cons list for the Rezound, Droid 4 & Nexus.
I then went to the store and just played with all three phones for a while.
My pros and cons list really helped get everything out in front of me to where it was easy to see that the Rezound with the extended battery was a much better choice for me.

I probably spent a week researching all three to death, checking out forums, reviews on all three phones by different sites, comparing device spec sheets, and going to the Verizon store, etc.
I think my wife was going to kill me...it was all I was talking about. :biggrin:

In the end, I was very confident I chose the right phone for me. And after five weeks or so, I couldn't be happier.

I think you'll find most of the folks in this forum worship their Rezounds. I assume you'd get about the same in the Nexus forum, but that could be because people take the time to research their phones and pick the right one for them, and they end up very happy.