The new improved rezound nexus device?

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Wow, no comments.

The rezound has a 4.3 inch screen, the current galaxy nexus has a 4.65 inch screen, so 5 inches isn't that much more. However there are people who condemn any phone with screens 5 inches or larger as being too large.

It likely will feel like a rezound with sense and have all the pluses of a rezound except it might not have removable battery or a MicroSD card. We don't know yet.

I strongly disliked the long wait, leaks, and rumors leading up to the rezound getting ICS late from Verizon. I can see my next phone being a Google nexus to get timely android updates even if it requires leaving Verizon.

PatG

Reaction score
I already think a 5 inch screen is large for a phone. So now way for me.

Just my opinion of course

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if HTC got back into the Nexus game. I know Google has had fun playing with Samsung and Acer but I'd really like to see ZTE, LG, and Moto all get a turn as well. I wonder if HTC knows they could make a AOSP phone without Google.

acejavelin

Reaction score
These rumors will drive you crazy... this is likely NOT the next Nexus device because it has "hard" capacitive buttons, although it might be a Sensation series (like the Rezound) phablet that HTC has in the works.

I am sick of all these rumors, they do nothing for anyone but cause arguments, frustration, and shattered dreams :biggrin:

This is not to say HTC won't make a Nexus device, but this is likely not it.

VidJunky

Reaction score
So, are non removable parts a thing with Nexus phones? Being able to remove the battery and SD were two big draws for me to the Rezound, plus HTC. Also wasn't the no capacitive button thing kind of a fail for the last nexus? That and Sense were the two battle fronts over the debates which was better. (ICS, root, and updates were other battle fronts as well, but those things have not been mentioned in this thread yet.) If loosing my buttons and not being able to carry a spare battery is what owning a Nexus brings, they can keep it. I only mention the spare battery thing because until they put out a smart phone that holds a charge like old feature and dumb phones I will carry one. Just me, imo.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I like having a removable battery too but it looks like most if not all smart phone manufacturers are moving to non removable batteries. The advantage is that they can get a bigger battery in a smaller space because it can be molded to fit what space the phone has. Unfortunately this is something that we might all have to get used to.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Snoking

Reaction score
I do not think battery shape is the issue. It is a planned obsolescence plan, so you will just get a new phone when the battery dies.

713King

Reaction score
I do not think battery shape is the issue. It is a planned obsolescence plan, so you will just get a new phone when the battery dies.

No because there are always replacement parts for the phones. Just like RAZR it can be switched to RAZR Maxx... so battery replacement should not be hard

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Don't like the idea about non removable battery or SD card

By making a battery non removable it can take up to 2 mm from the thickness and it allows the manufacturers to put less casing on the battery because there is very little chance of it falling since its non removable. And they're able to fill in nooks and crannies instead if making a generic square battery that leaves unused space under the cover. I really want an sd card slot though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Snoking

Reaction score
713King said:
No because there are always replacement parts for the phones. Just like RAZR it can be switched to RAZR Maxx... so battery replacement should not be hard

But that takes some effort that average user will not do or does not have the time to do.

VidJunky

Reaction score
Again I would be all for a phone with a non-removable battery if battery life was somewhere around triple that of current batteries, but with everything trending towards thinner I'm not seeing that happening. Just in recent history look at the Inc released with a 1350 to cut down on bulk. Just like the Rezound it had the hottest specs of the phones released that year but the severely under sized battery killed user experience. The extended battery was that phone's saving grace, and no-one I know minded the extra bulk. And it still could've better. I sure wouldn't have minded not having the extra expense. They gave me a thinner wallet instead of a thinner phone. :biggrin:

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Keep in mind the rumors did not specify whether or not there will be removable battery and microSD card. We will need to wait and see.