Rezound connected to tv

rezound4now

Reaction score
So I have done a lot if cool stuff with this awesome phone but one thing I have yet to explore is hooking it up to my HDTV. I remember hooking my old X to the tv and it was pretty useless.
So what exactly is this phone capable of on my tv? Will it mirror ? Or just Olay videos? Netflix? Music? Probably stupid questions but I couldn't find any topics.on it for the rezound. Also how does it stack up against some of the other phones out there?

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm curious about this as well. I've never mirrored any of my phones to the TV because I've never had a need to. I do know that it will show videos you've taken in 1080p on your TV, but that's all I know.

Depending on some of the answers, I may give this a shot.

Also, what would I need to buy to make this possible?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have done a lot if cool stuff with this awesome phone but one thing I have yet to explore is hooking it up to my HDTV. I remember hooking my old X to the tv and it was pretty useless.
So what exactly is this phone capable of on my tv? Will it mirror ? Or just Olay videos? Netflix? Music? Probably stupid questions but I couldn't find any topics.on it for the rezound. Also how does it stack up against some of the other phones out there?

IMHO this is the one thing that Android is lacking behind the iPhone. Screencasting would help solidify Android at the top of the heap Vs being able to only do certain playback or buy an additional module/software to screencast. Hopefully Google will add this ability especially with all of the HD devices in the pipeline.

jchammer123

Reaction score
IMHO this is the one thing that Android is lacking behind the iPhone. Screencasting would help solidify Android at the top of the heap Vs being able to only do certain playback or buy an additional module/software to screencast. Hopefully Google will add this ability especially with all of the HD devices in the pipeline.

So we can only watch videos through mirroring, not see the actual screen correct?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Isn't there some type of adaptor you have to buy in order to make this happen?

EDIT: Here is a video. Be sure to read the comments

[video=youtube;xJ3oQR8zXWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3oQR8zXWg[/video]

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Great find CP24eva. Last I read(back in November) this didn't even work. Now if only this worked on every Android phone.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, Android needs to work better on bridging the gap between them and Apple. But they are making great progress. Android just has to make it very apparent that they are better.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I got the TV cable and the Rez works great. Basically, everything you see on the phone is on the TV set. HD videos (and everything else) look great. This is the coolest toy since legos.

Volkaru

Reaction score
To have HDTV mirroring on the Rezound you need to first buy an MHL adapter, they range in price from $12+ online, to HTC's own (which comes with an HDMI cable, too) being $40. Note that most of these adapters use micro USB (you not only need to have the adapter plugged into the TV, but also have the adapter plugged into a wall charger to supply power, or it won't work right, but this also charges your phone, which is cool.) so you will also need a micro USB cable, too.

The MHL adapter mirrors your screen on the TV, menus, everything. I've noticed some sluggishness when doing some things, like playing games, but that might be my adapter (some of them vary in performance, mine is a really cheap one.) You sadly can't turn the screen off, and between the screen being on, and the processing power needed to do this undertaking can make the phone very hot (at one point mine was pushing 120 degrees.) Turning down the brightness on the phone's screen all the way (which doesn't affect the brightness on the TV.) will somewhat alleviate this.

The neat thing about MHL vs other HDMI out ports on some phones, is that if your TV is MHL compatible (pretty much any decent HDTV made within the last year is.) then you can control aspects of your phone with the TV's remote, like menu surfing, using the gallery, etc. I sadly haven't had a chance to test this out, since neither mine or any of my friend's TVs are new enough to feature MHL.
As far as image quality, it looks really nice, played some HD movies I had on my phone and they played perfectly, some of the colors may look odd to you, but that's more just because we're so used to how they look on just the phone's screen.

tc1

Reaction score
Link please, preferably from Amazon.

tkoehler

Reaction score
Is there any settings that need to be adjusted for this to work from the Rezound...I have the adapter plugged in, but it doesnt seem to recognize my phone...laptop to tv works fine, so i know i have a connection...any help is always appreciated!

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
On your TV there may be settings to determine the input source. There is on mine.