Rezond questions compaired to D1

JeffDenver

Reaction score
The main thing that took some getting used to for me was how fast everything comes up. On the Droid 1 you would have "load time" where an app would have to load before you could use it. On these newer phones, its just there. Load times are minimal at best, and usually non-existent.

Keep in mind that ICS has support for dual core CPUs that GB doesnt...so the switch to ICS will include a speed increase for most of us. GB does not use your dual core CPU as efficiently as ICS will. This is kinda what happened with Froyo and the Droid 1...I remember my Droid 1 doubled in speed after I installed Froyo. On some tasks it was up to 4 times(!) as fast as before.

The ICS speed increase wont be that dramatic, but it will be noticeable. A guy posted his quandrant score after installing an ICS ROM...he went from 5400 to 6500. Thats about 20% I think.

Reaction score
GB most definitely does support mutli core (not just dual core) chips. Android is Linux based and therefore natively supports multi core chips. The apps, on the other hand have to be optimized for multi core phones.

Both ICS and GB are hardware accelerated. The difference being that GB only uses the CPU while ICS uses GPU for hardware acceleration. Lots of acronyms there but you get the idea.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
GB most definitely does support mutli core (not just dual core) chips. Android is Linux based and therefore natively supports multi core chips. The apps, on the other hand have to be optimized for multi core phones.
And supposedly, ICS optimizes this at the OS level. I've seen people post scores before and after ICS on the Rezound and there is a thousand point+ difference. Thats not trivial.