Rezond questions compaired to D1

jasonty

Reaction score
Looking at picking up the Rezond. I'm coming from the Droid 1.
I have a couple questions :

1. Battery life in comparison to the D1
2. Camera in comparison to the D1
3. Does Google Voice - texting and VM work the same as the D1
4. Test/ email / etc notification lights in comparison to the D1

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not a Resound owner but figured I'd try and answer.

1. 4G phones are going to suffer a little in battery life. My advice with this would be to turn off LTE in 3G only areas. You should still get a day's usage out of the Resound (10-12 hours maybe more depending on your personal usage).

2. The camera is the best camera on the market. It absolutely blows the D1 camera out of the water.

3. Google voice will work fine.

4. I'll let a Resound owner answer that one. Not sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Troops2990

Reaction score
The light is worse...it only gives two colors (orange and green)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Looking at picking up the Rezond. I'm coming from the Droid 1.
I have a couple questions :
1. Battery life in comparison to the D1
For me it has been the same and maybe a little better. You can buy an extended battery for $40 or $50 that will dramatically increase it's battery life. I have not needed it so far.

2. Camera in comparison to the D1
Dramatically better....not that the Droid 1 camera sucked, but the Rezound is just THAT good. Low light is far superior to the Droid 1. The only phones comparable to the Rezound IMO are the Galaxy S2 and the iPhone. The Rezound has a seamless panorama mode built in that is the best I have used on any phone so far. It also does 720p and 1080p video, and frame rates are better than the Droid 1. 720p video is a full 30fps. The dual LED flash is brighter than the Droid 1's.

3. Does Google Voice - texting and VM work the same as the D1
I use google voice now but didnt then, so I am not sure. It does appear to work flawlessly on my Rezound though. Texting and Voice mail are similar (I used Handcent on both the Droid 1 and Rezound for Texting)

4. Test/ email / etc notification lights in comparison to the D1
The lights are smaller on the case, but you have more choices in how to configure them (more colors ect) and I think they are a little brighter than the Droid 1.

mjones73

Reaction score
If you don't mind the added bulk, get the extended battery, Verizon is selling them half off in store only.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Verizon has the extended batteries half off right now (i think until end of March). I just picked one up yesterday for $30

acousticshade

Reaction score
Not to mention all the OTHER reasons for upgrading from the droid like, bigger screen, better screen, HDMI out, beats headphones, super huge dual core processor, more memory, more storage, no lag, 4G, did I say wayyyyy better screen, etc, etc. While there may be one or two things that you like better on the droid, there are at least 50 that you will like better on the Rezound. I upgraded from an Eris (or ghetto eris as someone told me once) and I can't believe the difference between the two devices. My daughter has the Eris now and it's like a useless rock compared to the Rezound.

OP
J

jasonty

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jchammer123

Reaction score
Everyone has had some good advice. There is no comparison to the cameras. I have taken some awesome pics with my rezound camera.

I just bought the extended battery today for half price and actually like the way it feels in my hands better. (personal preference though)

The screen is absolutely amazing on this phone and the speed is incredible. I'm extremely happy that I went with the rezound over the nexus, (again, personal preference).

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
They dont even have them on their website anymore.

As far as I know, they never did have them on their website - did they? Just call a local store, mine had 4. Maybe they are liquidating their stock - and that's why they are sale?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
As far as I know, they never did have them on their website - did they? Just call a local store, mine had 4. Maybe they are liquidating their stock - and that's why they are sale?
I called the store and they do have them.

They dont appear on their website or on any advertisements at the store. I had to make the lady on the phone actually ring them up...she had no idea they were on sale either LOL! (She was very nice about it btw)

She says they do have lots in stock. And they are still $30.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I switched from the original droid to the Rezound... Does the Original Droid (OG) = D1?

The battery on the Rezound can't even come close to the OG Droid in my opinion. I am a light user and I have to charge at some point throughout the day but only because I'm afraid of it running out when I don't have access to a plugin.

The camera is awesome! I tried the Nexus for a few weeks and was so diappointed with that camera but the Rezound camera is amazing! You will definitely be pleased.

The notification light IMO is not good compared to the OG droid. It is tiny and it only has two color options. With that being said I've adjusted and it works fine.

Overall the phone is a wonderful upgrade and I've been thrilled with it. It's dependable! It has a great call quality and the screen is sooo nice compared to the OG Droid!

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, the newer phones all have dual mics...if you look on the left side of the phone you'll see a tiny hole. That is the noise cancelling mic. It makes your voice very clear compared to the older phones.

Bonus - This will also allow the phone to record stereo sound!

samiusmc

Reaction score
I came from the Droid 1 and there's no comparison. Imagine your Droid 1 running the sweetest, fastest ROM. That's what the Rezound is like plus all the goodies already mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my HTC Rezound