Rev nightlys question

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Do the hard key lights still shine so bright that you can land an airplane by them?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do the hard key lights still shine so bright that you can land an airplane by them?

Yes. That's a GB kernel thing, not a CM7 thing.

random rom'd X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, that in itself is worth not upgrading.... Those lights are ridiculous.

Use Adlbrightness on it and lock the buttons off. Or there is a script you can use but I didn't have much luck with it. It is definitely worth upgrading though.

random rom'd X

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Did you flash the TBH tether patch? Worked for me...

random rom'd X

I flashed the TBH 1.0 DX patch, and still cannot tether. Do I have to do anything special within Wireless Tether? I have already set security, and chose Droid X as the device profile.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I flashed the TBH 1.0 DX patch, and still cannot tether. Do I have to do anything special within Wireless Tether? I have already set security, and chose Droid X as the device profile.

I never set the security. I left it unsecure and that worked.

random rom'd X

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I will try to do that. Did you have the same behavior I experience with security enabled?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will try to do that. Did you have the same behavior I experience with security enabled?

No, I have never even had to mess with the settings or even set my device profile.

random rom'd X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every ROM I have ever used, I have been able to wifi tether. I don't know what to tell you

random rom'd X

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are the folks at CM gone on vacation or something? Have not seen a new nightly since last week...

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Somebody hacked Google's kernel.org, where all the official source repositories for CM are housed. While that mess is sorted out, neither rev or the official CM devs have access to the official files to make or post new nightlies from... :(