Cyanogen nightly and releases

ccsoccer03

Reaction score
From what I gather, nightlies are generic cm7 builds for all phones based off the same code. Are releases made differently and by devs instead of bots or do they nightlies reach a certain point of official release for all?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

meshdub

Reaction score
Yes, releases and RC's are different in a sense that they are thoroughly tested builds. I don't know how exactly their build system works. It could be a nightly that gets frozen and promoted to release status at some point, but most likely they just run a separate build for release. I'm not sure why that matters anyway.

The main point is that nightlies are built automatically and can contain serious bugs. And releases is what you get after the build has been thoroughly tested.

OP
C

ccsoccer03

Reaction score
Alright. I understand that now. New Question. Are the Camera/Youtube/MMS bugs Droid X specific build errors, or are they across the whole 7.1 Nightly spectrum? Just curious if the fixes would get implemented into the nightlies or if they will simply be built into a human tested Release Candidate.

meshdub

Reaction score
Not sure about mms, but camera/youtube is a droid X specific issue. In any case, all changes always show up in nightlies first, and if they pass testing, they get included in a release.