Retuning rooted Bionic to Big Red???

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Last weekend, my bionic, which is currently rooted running 5.5893 stock died after completely coming to a full charge. Out of no where , the phone went off and never came back to life. I tried everything possible to get it to power up. To no avail, I called Verizon and they shipped a new bionic to me next day. I'm faced with not being able to unroot my phone before I return it. I got the new phone, which came with the update 902 installed on it. My battery went into the new phone and was working fine. I was wondering, if I send this rooted phone back for the new one they had sent me, will I receive credit? Or should I take the battery out of my new bionic and try to power up the the rooted phone, only to unroot it for return. Please advise on what would be the nest thing to do. These bionic phones are not made consistently and this is my second replacement. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Sooooo if you were to throw the battery into the old one nothing happens right? No bootloader, no looping red M, basically won't turn on right? If that is the case that's what is gonna happen with the rep who unpacks it. Unless it's doing something else I'd lose no sleep over it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Don't worry about unrooting it, they never mentioned anything when my mom returned her first rooted bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Well, after much consideration, i think your re all correct. They will have to deal with the problem at this point. I cant stand not knowing why it lost complete power and battery charge. I do know that im getting tired of calling them , complaining about data loss and no 4g signal. Just having the 902 update for a short 4 days, Im not impressed. I think 5.5 893 was more consistent and had very few bugs. However saying that, my phone completely died. So now I have to root 902. Does anyone know what happens to the data and apps on the sd card when you switch from root 893 to root 902? ( Different bionic phone) I think when I checked for the rooted apps and safestrap, it was on my sd card from previously being rooted on 893 on the bad phone. Does this mean I should wipe all previously rooted material BEFORE I ROOT 902. do a fresh start. How should I go about rooting this phone, making sure that the data wont be mixed with new rooted data?, if that makes sense. After getting rooted, i will bring my apps back by means of market or TB. Thanks for any input Help

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
They will probably give you a 902 bionic. Motofail will root it easy, and titanium will restore everything easy. Tibu has saved me several times after trying some of the more extreme roms available and softbricking.
You should be fine with just a motofail root then tibu restore. Hope you backed up to the external SD card though!!