restoring apps and settings when switching between different roms

angelman

Reaction score
Hey I know many questions have been asked about the best way of backing up stuff but I wondered exactly how people who switch between different ROMS rapidly do it.
I found that a couple of times updating to a new ROM (from AXIOM engage to AXIOM antimyth) for example seemed to create a new phone profile in my google account and thus none of my apps were automatically restored (as they were associated with the "old" phone).
I always wipe before installing ROMS could this be the problem?
Even once I get all my apps back I still have to spend ages re setting all my preferences, the widget home screen layout etc.
Do people really continually keep resetting everything like this manually?
I thought of using Titanium backup but how well does that save all app preferences etc.
Currently I can't seem to get TI backup to work, in the backup/restore tab it shows no apps. There are no filters set that I can tell. Am I missing something?
I do a refresh apps list and it says it find 137 elements but then still shows nothing.
If I run and run a backup it does nothing too.

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Oh I finally managed to get TI backup to work now..

Capone76

Reaction score
I always set everything up from scratch when flashing a new ROM. I always start with my apps I absolutely need and set everything up different on every ROM for something new every once in a while. Then when I hear the dev updated the ROM I re flash that ROM and only wipe dalvick cache. Have not used titanium yet cause you still have to set up your home pages regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I use Apex launcher. It has the option to save your home screens so you don't have to set them back up. I also use titanium backup. Those 2 apps alone help cut down the set up time.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Capone76

Reaction score
I'm running Apex also. That's a good point, I will do that from now on. I do enjoy setting every rom different though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums