Restored Nandroid Backup, all apps on SD card missing

Tsip85

Reaction score
I just restored a Nandroid backup after switching ROMS. Now all of the apps I moved to my SD card are not showing up. In App manager, they say they don't exsist. How do I restore my apps??

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
I think both ROMs allowed it, but I never moved ALL apps to SD. I went from UD1.0 to UD2.0 then back to 1.0 because of a few little problems.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Were these moved prior to or after the nandroid you made? And if prior to, are you sure you installed the latest backup? Sometimes the date code can be off.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
I moved my apps to my SD before I made a backup and flashed the new rom. I also backed up all apps with titanium. When I was on the new ROM, I restored the backed up apps from titanium and moved them back to my SD card while on the new ROM. It's pretty much all non-system apps and apps that don't have widgets.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Have you tried to restore the Ti Backup? Or is that when things went wonky? I'd try to restore the nandroid again and see if it clears up the issue.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
The Ti app is on my SD, so I can't get it to open. And I restored the nandroid backup a second time when I first noticed everything missing. Could I run the nandroid backup for the ROM i just came from, Move my Ti app to phone, backup all apps, then run this nandroid again? Or will Ti still be on the SD when it reverts back to this backup?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The backup will rewrite the entirety of the phone's internal memory, so you're still stuck.

Is the market installed? If so, download Ti Backup again and see if you can get it to work that way.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
DroCap still worked for some reason, so I was able to take a screen shot...

This is in App manager. All the apps that are darkened out...when I click "Move" this is the pop up I get.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
I did not back them up a second time before restoring back. Even worse...after I restored the apps from Ti, I deleted the backups to free up memory. I just re-installed TI from the market and it shows the apps I'm missing, but they are crossed out. It only asks if I want to un-install them. I can't back them up or anything else.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The only thing that I can think of to get the apps back short of running a recovery program on the SD card from a PC is to restore that backup, but since everything was stored on the SD card I don't know as it'll help.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
Looks like this is the opportunity for me to get rid of apps I don't use much. :) I installed one from the market (Cardio Trainer) and when it installed, it still had all of my data. Just so long as I don't lose data, I'll just go through the market and grab the ones I need and clean up the rest. Thanks for your help...and such FAST responses!!