restarting

angelbabii25

Reaction score
Hi all,
My droid keeps freezing, turning off, and restarting for no reason.
This is my second refurbished phone, maybe that's why.
I called verizon, and they are no help what's so ever. They told me to keep taking the battery out. Which obv doesn't help.
Anyone know what's goin on or if you to are having the same problem.
Thanks. :)

Insidious

Reaction score
Is it rooted? If so the overclock might be set too high.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I agree, sounds like you've overclocked too high. If you're rooted, did you also flash a high voltage kernel?

Greg

Reaction score
I have the same issue, but its REMOVING the battery that causes the problem.

I have noticed that if I put it on the charger until it's fully charged it will work just fine. However... if I have to remove the battery for any reason, it won't work properly. It will freeze, turn itself off etc. Even if the battery is fully charged it wont work. I will have to put it on the charger if even for a minute to get it working properly again.

So... I NEVER remove the battery unless I absolutely have too. If I have to I'm prepared to put it on the charger even if it was recently charged.

See if that helps any? It's inconvenient, but works. Is it the same for you?

mg8199

Reaction score
If you're having problems w/ VZW helping you I've found it's easier to go in a store instead of calling. The phone reps are absolutely worthless.

OP
A

angelbabii25

Reaction score
no, its not rooted but thanks. @ greg, thanks for the tip ill try that next time it freezes and let you know. @ mg8199, I went to the store many times in the past and they NEVER do anything. I just went back today and demanded to talk to the manager (the reps never help), so i tried to see if the manger would help, he was twice as nasty as the reps and said its all droids that do this and wouldn't help me any further. How nasty

mg8199

Reaction score
@angel: Verizon has some serious customer service issues. I've debated going to US Cellular and getting the Samsung Mesmerize. However, I love my Dorid too much and thinking I'll get the X2 when it comes out.

OP
A

angelbabii25

Reaction score
hahah i feel the same way i love the droid way to much to change over. they do! if you don't want to help the customer why be in this field? I am waiting for a droid to go 4g from Verizon, then ill buy.