Reset phone after receiving update (i.e. restore point)

b1rrd

Reaction score
Ok,,, as you will see I’m new to smart phones all together.

What got me here was I received an update yesterday, 1/3/13, that did things I don’t like and would like to reverse it.

I tried to track the update I did a poor job of noticing what it was. It said something about going to Verizon.com/Samsung/support ???? Any way I can’t find it.

I want to back up all my data and reset the phone to the original, leaving out the backup assistant. Later I may decide to root the phone but, much later.

I physically tethered my phone to my computer and moved the pictures from the ext sd card but was unable to move pictures from the internal card (no biggie).
I’m not sure I was able to do the same with my contacts but it does appear that they are backed up to the ext sd card.

I’m not to worried about the apps I downloaded as I can redo them if necessary but it would be nice to back them up to my computer also.

Now the real question. How do I reconfigure my phone to the last settings before the update. i.e. restore point.

And please let me know if you think I missed anything in preparing for the reset.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure you cannot restore a phone to a previous point like that. When these phones update they automatically overwrite what was already there.
If you root you could flash a different rom.
What has the update done that you dont like?

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

OP
B

b1rrd

Reaction score
Accuweather widget does not display all locations on startup, one game has trails, minor changes on my lock screen. And the MOST annoying,,, Backup Assistant is kicking in again. I might find more but I haven't looked at everything.

I am interested in rooting but,, I definitely don't know enough.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Did you do a factory data reset afyer updating? That solves most people's issues

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Restore points dont exist, at least without root. You can factory reset to see if that fixes the problem. But again, without root, you're limited on what you can back up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

b1rrd

Reaction score
Restore points dont exist, at least without root. You can factory reset to see if that fixes the problem. But again, without root, you're limited on what you can back up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well,,, I finally got through the factory reset (twice) but learned a lot (boy I’m glad I’m not rooted :icon_ lala:). Thanks for the help.

By the way Abe,, I was looking at the helpful links to TRY to learn something, which I did but, SBF, RSD (and others to follow ;) ) What are they ???

:big smile: In advance Thanks