Reset D2G to factory settings

Narouspk

Reaction score
So I was wondering how to unroot my Droid 2 Global and have all rooted traces removed from the phone completely. I searched through threads up threads but didn't find anything good enough on the forum. I did some youtubing and below is what I founded.

First I unrooted the phone using Z4 (thanks to the makers) then turned the phone off. I then flip the phone to display the keyboard. Held the X key on the keyboard and pushed and held the power button. I held both for about 10-15 seconds until there was an exclamation mark on the screen.

1. I pressed the search symbol key OR
2.With both hands on the still pressing power and the X key, I managed to push the camera and volume up buttons (have a friend help) and that took me to a screen that included wipe data/factory reset.

Once I chose the option and let it do it's own thing, it rebooted. Phone was as new as it came out of the box.

This worked for my D2G. I hope it works for any android phone.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What you did was boot into stock recovery. An easier way to do this is to hold x while powering on then press the keyboard search key. The volume up and down method works on all phones. There is no reason to do both. The method you said doesnt remove clockwork recovery if you had it. I dont remember how other than sbf, i know theres another way though. To be honest, its so easy to sbf that its easier to just sbf rather than do all that since you wiped data anyways. Sbf does remove everything (except the liberty boot animation. Have to replace that yourself before).

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
Narouspk

Narouspk

Reaction score
I only used one of the methods above and I didn't have the clockworks recovery on the phone. Thanks for the heads. I'm going to install it so that I can play with my phone a little bit.

As you may have noticed I'm very new to Droid phones about a month old.

icemang

Reaction score
I also have been researching and trying reset options (my phone is a D2, but this thread seems as good a place to ask this as anywhere else). Yesterday, for some dumb-ass reason, I went into settings and then acessssibility. I can't get out of it now, and there's a bunch of other problems.

1. I can't turn the phone off.
2. I can't get the voice feature to shut up (turned on by "accessibility". Occasionally it will say the name of a feature (for ex.: "Voicemail") when I'm not even touching the phone, but the screen will stay dark and voicemail will not begin working. I think it likes to hear itself talk. Skynet, anyone?
3. Keyboard alt-shift-delete does reboot the phone but the problems remain the same.
4. Can't do the other resets that involve the power (because the power won't go off).
5. Holding the power button and pushing and holding X brings up the "ringer volume" window and turns the volume all the way up (!) (wtf?)(NOT accidentally hitting volume control rocker switch)
6. It will bring up various menus (accessibilty, messaging, gmail, contacts, etc) but when you are in the menu and push a menu option or a function (for example: "settings -> sound", or "phone options-> power off" -it highlights "sound" and says the word "sound" but that's it, it won't do anything else.
7. 30-second and 5-minute battery pulls caused the phone to reboot but didn't change anything. Currently beginning a 30-minute pull only because I can't think of anything else.
8. HELP!!!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Rooted, rom etc etc? Tried booting into recovery and wiping data/cache? If not try that, reinstall everything then report back please. Instructions for getting into recovery are in the posts above.

For 5, hold the x button while powering on, not while the phone is already on. So battery pull then hold x while you put the battery back in.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

icemang

Reaction score
Angel, yeah I figured out that I had done that wrong and when I did do it right at least I finally got to the triangle/exclamation point screen. There I follo. the directions, and...nothing. It was still talking to me and still wouldn't let me into the various menus.

So I took it to the Verizon store. It took the guy almost 40 minutes and he had to try a few different things, he had it hooked up to a couple of different things and finally it waswell and truly wiped. All my apps, everything I had done, was completely gone. The phone had never heard of me. On the bright side it had been freed from the clutches of the evil demons that had possessed it.

The phone and I are getting to know each other again. We've both been through a lot in the past 24 hours but we're still together. Some day we may again take long walks down by the seashore, maybe even go got a bike ride or a car trip, but for now we're content to cuddle on the couch and watch basketball... please let us have our privacy, no papparazzi por favor.

(The verizon guy said he'd never seen a phone so twisted up. I hope I didn't cause it. I'm a little leery of loading things back on there, actually.)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Atleast you got it working again though and possibly in perfect timing depending on if those bootloader codes are just dx specific or not.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G