1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Reset problems...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by nakagaki, Mar 25, 2010.

1. nakagaki

nakagaki New Member

Hey guys I searched google and the forum for this problem and I found nothing. Hopefully one of you know what's going on...

I am trying to restore my droid to factory settings but none of the reset methods are working. FYI my droid is NOT rooted.

I tried the power button + X when turning on the phone but the phone just gets stuck @ the motorola screen. I held it down for a minute and it still gets stuck and the moto screen. No yellow triangle pops up at all.

Next I tried the privacy / reset button. The phone turns off and back on and gets stuck again on the motorola screen. If left it @ that screen for 45 mins and it did nothing. I had to take out the battery to make it go away.

Any idea why my phone refuses to hard reset? Please help!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Since the factory reset did not work and you are not rooted I think I would go to a VZW store or call customer service and ask for assistance.

Mike
  3. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Are you holding x then hitting power? Sounds like youre hitting them both at the same time. Hold x first, hit power...keep holding x.
  4. sylvian77

sylvian77 New Member

I have the same problem. Went to verizon store, no help. Please post if you find a fix....I cant find the answer to the problem anywhere.

My droid is not rooted.
    -will not go into recovery mode (I try it on a friends droid and i can get it into recovery mode no problem).

-Freezes on M logo when attempting a factory reset by way of settings, privacy, factory reset.

Using a file manager i see that the native recovery file is there, so I'm out of ideas.

thanks
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  5. apeshitninja

apeshitninja New Member

Power + camera button + volume up?
  6. sylvian77

sylvian77 New Member

When I do that this is what I get:

Bootloader
    2C.6C

Battery OK
    OK to program
    connect USB
    Data cable
  7. motoman37

motoman37 New Member

Same issue, but rooted

So I rcvd my droid last night and proceeded to "root" the system. Everything here went according to plan and I now have the ninja looking icon on my system.

Next, since I would like to eventually install a different ROM, I went to install Nandroid using Droid Root Helper (and the tools associated with it). When I went to reboot into recovery, my phone got stuck with the "M" logo (I thought that I had bricked it)...I had to pull the battery, and was able to load normally.

Problem is that when I try to boot into recovery mode, it hangs. Not sure what I did wrong, or what to look for to see if I overwrote a file, deleted a file, etc. Any advice is much appreciated!
  8. motoman37

motoman37 New Member

Fixed

Never mind on the problem...I ended up manually installing via the Terminal and it worked perfectly. I think that somehow I deleted the "stock" file for recovery mode, but I was able to replace with the recovery image 0.99.3.img. Can't wait to try a new ROM and OC the processor.

JS
Search tags for this page
hard reset method not working for motorola i1
hard reset on droid x stuck at yellow triangle
how to do a hard reset on a motorola i1

motorola i1 ok to program

troubleshooting motorola droid phone reset password but cant