Report Experiences with upgrading to ICS and Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper

MightyT01

Reaction score
For those rooted Razr owners before the ICS upgrade and if you used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper before and after your ICS upgrade, please share your experience.

Hopefully I've got my rooted Maxx ready for the upgrade but I haven't read too much on this.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have Rootkeeper, but I didn't use it. I used's Matt's Utility 1.7 to upgrade though, plus I had all the bloatware frozen in Titanium Backup, so I had to defrost all of them and then use his utility to return the phone to stock 2.3.6.

If you are going to do the straight OTA to get ICS, you have to make sure you haven't deleted or frozen an bloatware, and you are not rooted. Good luck!

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
I'm set, hopefully. I'm presently un-rooted with Voodoo, everything's defrosted and I run stock GB 2.3.6. Just want to hear of any success stories using Voodoo while upgrading to ICS. All previous upgrades on my Razr Maxx and Bionic have been successful using this method with Voodoo, but this is a big change to ICS.

rotordroid

Reaction score
You need to get rid of Safestrap or Bootstrap prior to OTA but I did read of successes with Voodoo. The upside is that "The Utility" will root .211 no problem, plus there are manual methods available too for .211

ripper2860

Reaction score
Are you saying it worked with ICS?

Yes. Did a TEMP UNROOT in GB and then re-enabled ROOT after installing ICS.

BTW -- I still had Bootstrap installed when I upgraded via OTA and it was fine.

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Yes. Did a TEMP UNROOT in GB and then re-enabled ROOT after installing ICS.

BTW -- I still had Bootstrap installed when I upgraded via OTA and it was fine.

Ask and yee shall receive! Excellent news. Don't use bootstrap or safestrap so this isn't an issue for me. Now give me my damn ICS dessert already! I'm tired of playing with the wife's phone! :biggrin:

neoterixx64

Reaction score
Used it and it worked like a champ!!!

+1.

I used a method found on droidrazr website. I was on stock GB. I rooted with Matts Utility 1.6, used OTA Root then I dumped the OTA (.211 leak) into my root folder and ran using rom manager. After I booted up ran OTA and it worked out good.

ljprevo

Reaction score
I d/l Voodoo, saved root. Updated to OTA, ICS, went to run Voodoo to restore root, did not give me an option, not sure what I did wrong.