Replace My Troubled MAXX with a Cheaper Phone?

jkidd16

Reaction score
Hey all. I currently have a Razr Maxx and I unfortunately cracked my screen very badly a few weeks ago. The phone still works, just the glass is cracked. Now the glass is literally peeling off and I am afraid in the future I will have to replace the phone because I can see some of the underlying stuff under the screen. That would be a problem. My upgrade date is on February and I don't think my phone is going to last that long. I was thinking of buying an older droid phone on ebay for around $50 (DroidX2, Droid 2, etc) until I can upgrade and get a newer phone in February. The accelerometer on my phone may be messed up too since it keeps changing to landscape view everytime I unlock it because it detects an HDMI cable even though its not connected and it also sometimes stays in portrait mode. I unchecked the "autorotate" option and "detect hdmi" option and I froze the Motorola dock Service (this service detects the hdmi) via Titanium backup but it still detects it. I will try a factory reset, but it seems like a hardware problem from the damaged screen because the software is not making sense right now. Should I get an older phone right now and wait for my February upgrade, or just ride it out with my current phone and then upgrade in February? This is probably a dumb question that has no right answer, but I'm just interested in your opinions. I would post a pic, but I can't do that right now.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Insurance or does that not cover broken screens?

Check craigslist for your area, sometimes you can find cheap phones there, maybe even a Maxx.

Same on eBay

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4low4fun

Reaction score
X2 on craigslist. I can find a used max for $150 all day long here.. Or you can hold out for just a bit longer and buy a moto X for $300 off contract.